Wish You Were Here 35DP 4 auction!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by PH416156, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est Thread Starter

2. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

That went cheap!

I was 'watching' it an neglected to put in a bid before I went to bed. Guess I'll have to live with the Japan for US I have :)

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That is cheap. Then again, it was only described as "very good". This may not have been a factor, but this is not one of the better sellers in my experience. I've bought discs described as very good or excellent that were worse. Fortunately, these discs were obtained via low Buy It Now offers and not higher-priced open auctions. I realize the seller has an excellent feedback rating, but it's not deserved in my experience.

4. PH416156

I have never heard the 2-track but I've seen it go for much more than 120GBP. For listening purposes at least, I think it was a good deal for the buyer

5. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

That's good to know Keith, thanks. Have seen his listings before and never pulled the trigger. 200USD for VG 35DP is still a good deal though. If it is VG- or worse then still OK I would think. I paid 160USD for my Japan for US a couple years ago. I would have bid 250 just to complete my Pink Floyd first pressings.....

marcel - the 2 track sounds great! In Exc the Japan/Japan 35DP has been selling for 350 - 400+ on eBay.

6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Paul, no problem. Just relating my experiences. Based on the feedback rating, some folks have obviously fared better with this seller.

7. PH416156

No, please, tell me it sounds horrible!!;)

These days I am buying almost nothing ( just the "Shine on" box on ebay) because I am saving for the Beatles remasters; I did not throw my offer because I believed the price would go too high for me..120 GBP was in my range but what can I do? The hunt goes on and on and on....

8. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE

I was put off by the Neg feedback left by a fellow forum member

9. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

< edited by tf >

I didn't see Christian's feedback - thanks Mark! At least we know your auction for the Japan/US will have proper grading :wave:

10. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

Definitely agree Keith. I have had a few discs described as "very good" and they were in horrific condition. I left him a neg about two weeks ago. The cd looked like it had been scraped on the road and the rear insert was badly moisture damaged. He wouldn't answer my emails.

Edit: Just saw Marks comments :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.