Wish you were here JPN for USA 2 tracks ebay

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by PH416156, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est Thread Starter

Just caught this auction...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261169315914?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

am I losing something? I thought all these 2 tracks CDs had CBS inscripted in the plastic hub, or CSR, or ++++++ in the matrix, but the one in the auction has none of these features...

http://pinkfloydarchives.com/DUSCDPF.htm#WYWH1

http://pinkfloydarchives.com/DUSCDPF.htm#WYWH2

seller states:
    "Disc has a clear center with no wording (e.g. no CSR, CBS/Sony, etc) and no +++++ in the mirrored matrix band"

2. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Just because nobody on this forum has found this particular variation without the hub text, doesn't mean it doesn't exist or its not genuine. Most people just buy a CD for the music and nothing more, so that variation and probably other variations are sitting on living room shelves with the owners oblivious to their "value".

3. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

I have a Miles Davis 35DP with the same exact wordless hub and no "++++++". So, unusual perhaps, but not impossible?

4. PH416156

Of course. I was referring to the fact that Vernon's excellent site covers almost everything and that variations is not listed, that's why I was wondering if it was 100% genuine. I don't have the 2 track but I'd like to have a copy, one day. Just to listen to the mastering

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

A). PM Vernon. He's said before he doesn't know all, see all, this may be new for him too.

B). If you outlive me Marcel, watch for my son Chris' (Chrys) announcement of my death, PM him, tell him you want to buy my 2 track. I bought from dbz, and it's in Collector's Condition. Gorgeous.

6. PH416156

:eek: Holy Moley! I hope you make it to 100 y.o., at least! I'm not surprised to learn about the conditions of your copy, Darren is an all round great guy and the transaction was, without a doubt, highly pleasant for both

7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I have a copy of the Japan 35DP disc and while it does sound nice there are so many great sounding options out there (SACD, Mastersound for instance) I would not sweat it if you don't own a copy. Maybe you will stumble upon one in a used bin, it has happened before.

8. PH416156

Thanks for your comment. We don't have stores with used bins here (shortly,it looks like we're going to have no stores at all).

Regarding Wish you were here on CD, I have:

-the SACD
    -the 5 tracks CBS cd
    -the Harvest UK cd
    -the made in Japan "Blackface" CD
    -the Sax remaster from the "Shine on" box
    -the "Immersion" boxset
    -the Columbia 97 Anniversary CD

plus some other copies. But it's one of my fave albums ever with my fave Pink Floyd song ever.
    Blame it on the www for letting me know about the 2 track! Now it looks like I really need one :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.