Woody Allen sues Amazon alledging breach of contract

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PhilBorder, Feb 8, 2019.

1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Correct.
    Both Irish.

Least I didn’t mention Liam Neeson. :D

Ghostworld and Steve Litos like this.
  2. Steve Litos

Steve Litos Forum Resident

He "sorta" looks like Sinatra, but he really favors the Farrow side of the family.

I think we are sometimes fooled when when physical traits are passed on from the opposite gender parent.

He looks like Mia and especially her father John Farrow.

prognastycator likes this.
  3. Jack White

Jack White Forum Resident

Another interesting (in a ghoulish way) 'fun fact' about Prudence is that she was having an affair with the notorious Robert Durst when his first wife, Kathleen McCormack Durst, disappeared. McCormack's corpse has never been found.

4. alexpop

Didn't know that.
    There was a lot macabre in 1968, Mia in the satanic Rosemary's Baby..her trip to India, Beatles, Maharishi Yogi's infatuation with Prudence, semi documented in the song Dear Prudence on the White Album which also featured Helter Skelter. Hippie nutter Charles Manson used the song as a mantra to kill. Strange days indeed !!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  5. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I agree completely, but the ridge of his eyes and the mouth in particular are very Sinatra IMHO.

It is a wonder sometimes who out children look or don't look like. It wasn't until one of my daughters was 11 that I realized she looked very much like her paternal side great-grandmother whose photo as a very young woman happened to be on display. And the funniest thing was my late father whose own mother she looked like used to say, "Who does she look like?...., I just don't know."

Steve Litos likes this.
  6. alexpop

His body posture is Sinatra esqe.

7. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Has anyone ever heard him sing? :D

Steve Litos likes this.
  8. alexpop

Frank ? Quite a few people. :laugh:

mrjinks and Steve Litos like this.
  9. agentalbert

agentalbert Forum Resident

I'd like to see the movie and make up my own mind. I'm not much of a Woody fan, but really enjoyed "Wonder Wheel".

10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Forum Resident

Allow me to add to the description most vividly: He's a shrimp like Sintra.

alexpop likes this.
  11. alexpop

It‘s a sin alright. :)

12. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

"Shrimp" is not a phrase Frank's lovers would ever use. :shh:

Maybe Ronan is similarly blessed. And at 5'10", he is 2 inches taller than Frank. Woody is 5'5".

13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Forum Resident

Minor updates with Amazon statements from a court filing:

-----------------------------

The director is suing the studio for cancelling a four-film deal

Amazon has defended cancelling its film deal with Woody Allen after his controversial comments about the #MeToo movement.

The director had signed a four-picture deal with the studio, which included the Selena Gomez and Timothée Chalamet film A Rainy Day In New York. That film, and the three others in the deal, has now been shelved.

Allen is suing Amazon, saying it reneged on the deal after allegations that he molested his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow when she was a child resurfaced. He has always denied the claims against him and was investigated by police at the time but not charged. He is seeking $68 million (£52 million) in the lawsuit, claiming Amazon has made a breach of contract for refusing to release A Rainy Day In New York.

Amazon has now asked a judge in New York to dismiss some parts of the case, saying it was “justified in terminating its relationship with Allen.” It pointed to comments the director made after the allegations against Harvey Weinstein were made public, saying they suggested “that he failed to grasp the gravity of the issues.”

Allen called the situation “very sad for everybody involved”, expressing sympathy for both Weinstein and his victims. Amazon also noted that he spoke about not wanting a “witch-hunt atmosphere” to exist, “where every guy in an office who winks at a woman is suddenly having to call a lawyer to defend himself.”

He also accused Farrow of “cynically using #MeToo for attention” after she reiterated her claims that he had abused her. Allen made the comments while promoting Wonder Wheel, with Amazon saying his remarks “effectively sabotag[ed] those efforts.”

According to court documents, the studio called the reaction to Allen’s comments from the film industry “swift and damning” with “scores of actors and actresses express[ing] profound regret” over having worked with him. Chalamet and Kate Winslet, the latter of whom starred inWonder Wheel, were among them.

The studio decided that the director’s remarks “ensured that Amazon could never possibly receive the benefit of its four-picture agreement”, despite having reportedly paid a $10 million (£7.7 million) advance to him when the deal was agreed in August 2017.

A Rainy Day In New York reportedly cost Amazon $25 million (£19 million) to make. Chalamet and Gomez both pledged to donate their salaries from the film to charities including Time’s Up and RAINN.

Amazon defends dropping Woody Allen film deal amid #MeToo controversy

vivresavie likes this.