Worlds oldest recording?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by WVK, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WVK

WVK Forum Resident Thread Starter

Something a bit different:

"Where else in the history of the world have an ancient people preserved a sacred sound by coding it into stone so that a thousand years later people might hear and wonder?"

http://www.ocasa.org/MayanPyramid.htm

WVK

2. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Mayans rule. They were very wise people for their time and age. Their Pyramids are most impressive (dare I say, "stunning"?)

Getting inside the Chichen Itzá pyramid, and watching the snake fall down during the equinoxe is mind-blowing. The whole complex (Chichén Itzá, Uxmal, and surrounding areas) make you feel as if you were in another planet. Or at least, another time.

My house has a carved stone depicting a mayan figure.... got it from mayan descendants in Mérida. I'm still amazed at the quality of their work...

3. Joe Nino-Hernes

Joe Nino-Hernes Active Member

Very cool!!

4. WVK

WVK Forum Resident Thread Starter

5. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident

Is this the first known "rock" recording? If so, was Mick Jager and Keith Richards there?

sorry...that was a real lame pun. But face it, you all thought about saying it.

6. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

Was the chirp echo from the stone steps digital mastered? if it is, I don't want it :shake: ...... :p

Hey, maybe that's where the Beatles got the chirping sound from for the song "Black Bird"...........

Sorry guys, couldn't resist....have a fun working Tuesday :righton:

7. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

It was remastered at Abbey Road with "Sonic Solutions digital workstation / Sadie V5 PCM 8 Digital Audio Workstation" (an actual quote from their website, they're proud of it). You can't hear anything clearly after Mr. Mew NR'd and compressed it but you can relax knowing there's not a hint of hiss and it's as loud as Britney Spears' new Greatest Hits CD. Whew.

PS Here's the link to the equipment they use in remastering where the quote came from:
    http://www.abbeyroad.co.uk/mastering/

8. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

I was in Chichen Itza too and it´s an amazing place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.