Worst Date Movie Experience?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Professor Batty, Jan 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

My thought exactly.

Doomed from the start.

2. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

Romeo & Juliet is a comedy because they're reunited in heaven! :)

3. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

Well, there's a lot going on, and they've done a lot more than just kill a rapist.

Have you seem Butch Cassidy?

4. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

And scroll though their very bright-screened cell phones...

Chrome_Head likes this.
  5. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

That's what you get for dating Roger Ebert's sister! :)

6. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

Psychologically speaking, you're a bit off.

The best date movies are Bonnie & Clyde, Rosemary's Baby, and Butch Cassidy.

7. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

Beat me to it!

8. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

Thread win.

9. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

I remember taking my new ish girlfriend (who liked the classic old movies as I did) to triumph of the will...lets just say she was less than impressed

~dave~~wave~ likes this.
  10. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

My worst movie date is a girl invited me and I didn't know the theatre was packed. I thought we were watching a B or even a C movie and I was totally geared up.... :hugs:

11. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Marriage is like that.

12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I saw "Batman Begins" with a date in 2005. When we left, the first words out of her mouth were "Christian Bale is HOT!" :laugh:

However, we'd been dating a few months at that point, so it wasn't a 1st date and I didn't take her appraisal of Mr. Bale as a negative commentary aimed at me! :D

13. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

With her young daughter along for the evening, I took a date to see SINGLE WHITE FEMALE. Ah, good times. "Mommy, what's she doing to that man?"

Also, though my friends all like this movie, TOMBSTONE was not good date night material. It seemed to last forever to me. I have yet to rewatch it to see if my feelings have changed.

14. RosesFromYesterday

RosesFromYesterday Sitting on an angry chair

15. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I know that, but that was the catalyst that led to everything else.
    Yes, I've seen Butch Cassidy.

16. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

Well, self-determination.

Better to burn out & etc.

17. Honey Bunches of Sadness

Honey Bunches of Sadness Forum Resident

I've been there. Borderline personality disorder is a bear. I hung on for two years, but was really glad to get out. The good times were great, but walking on eggshells around her all the time was no way to live.

18. BrokenByAudio

BrokenByAudio Forum Resident

Holy crap. That is frigging brutal. I'm glad you escaped that hell and hope that you can continue to heal. Good luck.

bamaaudio likes this.
  19. Honey Bunches of Sadness

Honey Bunches of Sadness Forum Resident

The causes of Borderline Personality Disorder are not well understood. But a background of parental abuse or neglect is common for sufferers. I am pretty sure there was some kind of abuse in my exe's childhood, and I eventually came to view her as a victim. Unfortunately, there is no real "cure" for BPD. About the best they can do is to develop skills to identify their own inaccurate perceptions and problematic behaviors. Then develop techniques to control them. Basically just behavior modification. So at best, you'll probably both still be miserable - but perhaps less miserable than if the effects of the disorder are allowed to run rampant.

Yeah, it was time for me to get out of Dodge. But it was just a sad situation.

20. clayton

clayton Senior Member

Took my 1st wife to Star 80 on our second date, I should have did a little research on the movie first.....some years later after we divorced I took a date to see Easter Promises, I've got a real knack for picking movies:D

~dave~~wave~ and Instant Dharma like this.
  21. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Oh man. Been there. I dont know if you could describe my ex as being BPD necessarily but her moods all over the place, sad thing was her Psychiatrist was throwing all kinds of meds at her like Klonopin without ever diagnosing her.

she was funny but all the movies we saw together and she never totally flipped out on me. I took her to see Rush and the show was amazing and though not a fan she totally loved it. In the parking lot getting out she completely lost it banging her head on the seat and getting out of the car to walk to the exit while I was sitting there… jeez. Dodged a bullet there. ;)

22. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

You should have taken her to Ordinary People instead. ;)

23. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

I’m just getting out of a marriage like this. To keep things tied to the thread, almost every night was date night at the movies, but at home. She lived to watch shows and movies on the big plasma. Deciding what we would watch became a major chore, and source Of endless arguments. My choices were ridiculed and we’d end up watching what she wanted—all too often a story where characters were abusing each other emotionally.

Hmmm.

The act of watching was a microcosm of most other things between us. And so it was time to go…a healthy thing to do, yet still sad.

So: first movie dates gone wrong might often save you from greater heartache later.

Carry on!

24. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

US the 2019 horror movie----one of the worst movies i've ever paid to see.
    Awful movie and I never saw her again (made one more attempt).

Met "the one" right after though.

25. G E

G E Senior Member

First date , nice girl

polanski’s Repulsion

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.