Worst Edit you've ever heard...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Apollo C. Vermouth, May 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeppelin fan

Zeppelin fan Forum Resident

wrong. the guitar solo is the best part of the song. maybe u have a short attention span

2. bataclan2002

bataclan2002 All You Need Is Now.

The 7 inch edit of Detroit Rock City by KISS is a hot mess.

3. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

I always thought the single version of UK's "In The Dead Of Night" was terrible. They butchered Allan Holdsworth's solo and tacked on the ending from "By The Light Of Day", and the whole thing was a choppy, jarring mess.

4. plentyofjamjars67

plentyofjamjars67 Forum Resident

I have a promo of that "Liar" 45 and despite the non stop editing going on, it sounds incredible when cranked. I went from appalled to lovin' that edit. Same with the Who song being discussed- this is a fly by the seat of your pants experience hearing these.

One Queen edit that drives me NUTS - and you may think this minor but as a fan of the song at release date I just can't stand this tiny, pointless edit they've eventually done to it.. Sadly it's the one I usually hear- Whoever thought it was a good idea to remove the second "this is our last dance" from the end of "Under Pressure" is a real *******.

5. saborlord123

saborlord123 "I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy."

I love Good Vibrations as much as the next person on this fourm, but the edits are not that good, and yes I know it was made in 1966 and they were limited by technology.

6. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Now hold on a minute, you're saying the edited single version of Won't Get Fooled Again "smokes" the LP version?? Sounds like you got fooled!:p

Sean, Mickey2, funknik and 1 other person like this.
  7. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Nothing is ever unanimous :)

8. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Agreed! That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title. And speaking of speaking of the Who, there's an edit of "Love Reign O'er Me" - possibly the single edit, definitely on 1983's Greatest Hits - that's a garbage fire, particularly when they tried to cut out an "only" to start a line with "love..." Didn't work. (I'm actually not troubled by the single edit of "Won't Get Fooled Again." People familiar with the long version will notice the edits, but the edits themselves aren't particularly clumsy or inherently jarring.)

There's also a glaring (mid-syllable) edit on the stereo mix of "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" on The Beatles' Anthology 2.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Grawlix, Keith V, Colinjpush and 2 others like this.
  9. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

The Beatles Movie Medley has the worst edits I've ever heard.
    Yes, they are different songs, but the attempt to merge them into a medley is just painful.
    I was going to post a video, but Universal has blocked all the Youtube videos of this that I could find.

10. bodine

bodine Senior Member

Middle of Antoine Domino’s “Blueberry Hill.”

11. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Movie Medly, so not the abbey road medly? Was it from HDN, Help,MMT or let it be?

12. Former Lee Warmer

Former Lee Warmer Emotional Rescue

that edit on "Message Of Love" from Band of Gypsys is still jarring to me...

13. Exotiki

She loves you maybe. Only for the fact that the edit drops the over all quality of the audio with it. And that is baked in to the most available version

saborlord123 and The Ole' Rocker like this.
  14. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

You forgot Yellow Submarine! :) The single was made from songs from all five of their movies.
    The songs included in the medley are "Magical Mystery Tour", "All You Need Is Love", "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away", "I Should Have Known Better", "A Hard Day's Night", "Ticket to Ride", and "Get Back". The medley was the first of two singles charting both in the US and the UK in the 1980s credited to the group.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Exotiki

Who ever thought that putting I should have known better next to all you need is love and that it would ever be a smooth transition, is just totally beyond

16. jimmydean

jimmydean Senior Member

there is one song on "trout mask replica"... but i think it was made consciously

17. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

:laughup:

18. Bill Larson

Bill Larson Forum Resident

Beach Boys, “The Little Girl I Once Knew”
    Compare 0:32 to 1:06. Something like TWO WHOLE BEATS cut out by mistake.

19. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

There is no worse edit I've heard.

Man at C&A likes this.
  20. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

It certainly was for me! :)

Man at C&A likes this.
  21. Celebrated Summer

Celebrated Summer Forum Resident

I always disliked the edit on The Temptations' "I Wish It Would Rain." It can be heard at 0:45, at the start of when David Ruffin sings "Oh, yeah yeah." The first part of the "oh" is chopped out. It's this way on every copy I've heard, stereo/mono or 45/LP/CD.

As for the aforementioned edit on The Beatles' "Yer Blues," I think it was a deliberate attempt to jar the listener. This was something of a Lennon trademark -- as some of us were discussing on another thread. That edit could be considered a sequel to that weird-sounding break that ushers in the mood-altering bridge of "I Am The Walrus" and a prequel to the abrupt ending he gave "I Want You (She's So Heavy)."

sotosound and illwind64 like this.
  22. Baldo

Baldo Forum Resident

With The Beatles has a few bad edits....

The instrumental breaks in “Little Child” and “I Wanna Be Your Man”, and the first verse of “You Really Got a Hold On Me”.

Fortunately, the last one only sticks out like a sore thumb on the mono mix.

23. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

There's no need to be insulting to people who have a different opinion than yours.

Also, I agree with him - I find the single edit to be punchier, more concise, better structured, and more exciting than the longer album version.

urasam2 and Ayshpaysh like this.
  24. Zeppelin fan

Zeppelin fan Forum Resident

Well you're wrong too

O Don Piano and drapes like this.
  25. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

Theres a version of The Leader Of The Pack by the Shangrilas that edits out a line. I don't know why it was done but it's very obvious and horrible

urasam2, JP Christian and utopiarun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.