Worst Edit you've ever heard...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Apollo C. Vermouth, May 12, 2019.

1. flaxton

flaxton Forum Resident

I did buy the the single first and alright now by Free. Love the single and album versions. Also White Room by Cream.

Man at C&A likes this.
  2. sixtieswerebest

sixtieswerebest Forum Resident

I believe we don't get a taste of the real world when we hear the single of Miracles by Jefferson Starship.

3. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I'll put my opinion of "Won't Get Fooled Again" down here - the single edit is massively inferior, but as far as edits go, it's competently done, with nothing excessively jarring unless you're accustomed to the long version. By that, I mean that someone who hadn't heard the song before could listen to the edit and not think it was edited. There's no major change in tempo or drive caused by the edit, and it's certainly interesting to listen to a song I know in my bones and still be surprised by it.

But in terms of what I want to listen to, the full version wipes the floor with the single.

4. Deadwax Jones

Deadwax Jones Active Member

Love the song, but “Do It Til You’re Satisfied” has the worst edit I’ve ever heard on its album version. Included here at 2:10.

I bought the CD several years ago and thought the CD itself was screwed up when I first heard it, but that jarring change is in every version on other media too.

All Down The Line and Man at C&A like this.
  5. All Down The Line

All Down The Line Forum Resident

Never heard the song before but even to me the edit is appalling on my first listen!

Man at C&A likes this.
  6. Michel_LeGrisbi

Michel_LeGrisbi Far-Gone Accumulator ™

I have a Promo of AC/DC's "For Those About To Rock..." at least 1 measure is cut before the rhythm guitar starts & the whole thing is pitched up, not good.