Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Would You Buy A Used iPod These Days (Battery Life?)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by thnkgreen, Jul 21, 2021.

1. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was going to buy a used iPod nano off of eBay recently when I thought about their battery life. A device made in the last decade has… how many potential charges left? Of course, Apple in their infinite wisdom made replacing the batteries about as easy as blindfolded brain surgery, too. So, in 2021, would you consider buying a used iPod?

2. c-eling

c-eling Fruit Juice Everywhere

Considering your luck with used stuff? :winkgrin:
    I'd just re-purpose an old smartphone.

Tim 2 and thnkgreen like this.
  3. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I'd only consider one if it was going to be in a stationary location, plugged into a DAC/charger.

[​IMG]

thnkgreen likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I bought an old 80 gig iPod and a Green Nano 3 years ago and both are going strong...the 80 gig goes for a few months without charging, but I don't use it everyday...I also have a 40 gig iPod Photo that's still going after 15 years same battery. I keep them all charged every few months...

c-eling likes this.
  5. telemike

telemike Forum Resident

You can get new batteries. There are refurbishersnwho sell iPods with new batteries and SSD drives for classics. I have one with 256gb SSD

rodentdog and rockclassics like this.
  6. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

My 2 ancient iPods are still going strong. Living on borrowed time no doubt, but they've lasted longer than many other gizmos I've had through the years. And can be refurbished as telemike says!

Big Blue likes this.
  7. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident

No. They are slow compared to today and memory sucks compared to nowadays.
    So many other options.

8. rockclassics

rockclassics Forum Resident

I would consider a refurbished one. But would not buy one that has not been redone.

You should check the Classifieds here under Hardware. There is usually a refurb for sale.

thnkgreen and rogertheshrubber like this.