Would you buy Roxy Music live box set and, if you did, what would you put in it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wayneklein, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneklein

wayneklein Forum Fool Thread Starter

Roxy finally made the Hall of Fame (a little late IMHO but better late than....). I was wondering if they put together a boxed set of their shows and live releases, what would you add to it?

I would have
    an expanded "Viva!", I'd love if there were also shows with Eno. Some of their shows for the "Manifesto" tour were also recorded of course "Avalon" (which I felt lacked the fire the band could bring on a good day).

jay.dee and TheLoveDrags like this.
  2. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Yeah, an expanded "Viva!" would be great! Even though I'd probably prefer a complete early 70's gig.

AZRunner and TheLoveDrags like this.
  3. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

This right here:

4. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

What ever else it had, it had better have this:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It's never been on any official CD. I love their version of 'Like A Hurricane'.

Better yet, I'd really like a separate stand-alone CD release, then the box set could be all gravy.

AZRunner and TheLoveDrags like this.
  5. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

That's all included on the 'Heart Still Beating' CD, ain't it? I mean, I know it claims all the tracks were recorded in Frejus, but that's been proven to be a lie, no?

6. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

The 'MUSIQUE' ep is recorded at the Apollo Theatre, Glasgow.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  7. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

The Newcastle show is terrific. Roxy had a revolving door of bass players (who were all terrific). I like the power and muscle John Wetton brought to the group. He was always very complimentary of Paul Thompson’s drumming, and they did make a fantastic rhythm section.

jay.dee and Beeb Fader like this.
  8. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

My understanding is the the High Road EP was recorded in Glasgow, but the video concert of the same name was from Frejus.
    The Heart Still Beating live album purports to be from Frejus but is from several sources, and includes all of EP's tracks.

93curr likes this.
  9. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

The full Wembley 1975 gig is in circulation, and it’s a cracker.

fishyboots and jay.dee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.