Wow! Tower Import Sale!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by yesstiles, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member Thread Starter

All Import cd's are 25% off! Add the 15% off coupons to that, plus free shipping, and that's good news. :thumbsup:

2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

How do I get the coupon?

3. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

4. yesstiles

For today only: FT5N467 15% off $40 or more, plus free shipping.

5. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

6. yesstiles

Yeah, I noticed that they did that on some of their imports, but I also noticed that a lot of other imports actually went down in list price. A trade off somewhere.

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

8. yesstiles

All you have to do is sign-up for the free Tower Insider and they send you a $10 off an order of $50 or more, as well as a $5 off $30 or more, plus free shipping.

9. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

good tip, thanks yesstiles!

10. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Speaking of Tower Insider, is anyone getting any e-mail offers from them? Or any e-mails at all--even just to say "hi" (haha)? I signed up when the program started, got that "$10 off $50" coupon and never heard from them again.

11. yesstiles

Yep. They just sent me a 15% off an order of $30 or more, plus free shipping.

12. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

The $10 off $50 or more and free shipping is not bad (missed the 15% off. D'oh!), thinking about picking up the hybrid SACDs of "Kind of Blue," "Time Out," "Blow by Blow," "Vespertine" and "True", though those last two titles seem to be expensive. (I might try Acoustic sounds for the last two.)

Is there a URL link out there that lists all the the Tower.com import hybrid SACDs?

13. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Just click on SACD and sort in order of price. They'll show up near the end of the list since they're the highest priced. The last item on the list is the CCR SACD set.

14. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

15. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Important discovery!

Just saw the link, thanks. I also discovered you can click on "U.K." for imports as well. Also: I find that just typing in or selecting "sacd" or "hybrid sacd" will get you different results. Not only that, sometimes you have to type in the title you're looking for ("Machine Head," "True" and "Vespertine" come to mind) as they don't show up in the typical SACD search.

16. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Has anybody tried entering the 15% off code anyway to see what happens?

17. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

19. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Don't know if I'm on to something, but I did a Google search for "Tower Records coupon codes" and happened upon the following:

Tower Records Coupons Coupon Code Exp.
    15% off $30 INS711 7/17/06
    http://www.alexscoupons.com/tower-records-coupons.html

Doesn't say $30 or more, but...anyone here want to try it? The nomenclature "INS711" makes me wonder if the offer already expired.

This just in...it's a repeat of above, with added nomenclature of "15% off $30 and above," Same code (INS711) and expiration date of 7/17/06...whaddya think?
    http://www.dealtaker.com/TowerRecords-coupon-code-a376-c.html

20. yesstiles

I order more than a hundred cd's from Tower.com each year. I receive about 2/3 of the "special order" items I order.
    Okay, maybe 3/5. ;)

21. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I've had every single one of them cancelled after 30 days or so. Sometime it would come in later, but by then the price was higher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.