WYWH Crude Matrix 35DP-4

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by pdovore, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

This has already been discussed. One of the things to come out of it was you are not allowed to go after people who do post auctions here even if you don't agree with it.

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I couldn't agree more. :agree:

3. dcathro

dcathro Forum Resident

All I have seen is a reasonably conducted discussion.

4. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

What a bargain!

5. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

1 bid. Nice.

6. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

I wonder if a forum member got it? Anyone?

7. dcathro

dcathro Forum Resident

:laugh: everything is relative! Less than what I expected, but still no bargain!

8. pdovore

pdovore Forum Resident Thread Starter

That was a steal - a crude font-etched copy for 500US. I doubt i'll see a bargain like that in the near future

9. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then :shrug:

10. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

wow posting that here really made the price sky high :rolleyes:

11. rburly

I can't think of another CD that would get a yawn for $510. Most people wouldn't even entertain the thought of spending that much money for a CD.

12. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I think it was the crude matrix that affected the final price.

You like to argue that it makes no difference if live auctions are posted here, but billions of dollars spent researching marketing will prove otherwise.

Exposure increases your final sale price...ebay spouts that regularly as well.

As I stated, I understand the desire to help a fellow Hoffman-ite, but it is at the expensive of another Hoffman-ite, as is clearly demonstrated by the debate that occurs when a live auction is posted.

Now we may differ on whether or not the facts prove that exposure here equals a higher final bid, but I think the above paragraph lists facts that are irrefutable; some Hoffman-ites like it, some don't.

Now, clearly the ones who don't like it, have a reason, and while I might be overstepping the line to speak for most of us, that reason is; we've put effort into searching for rare stuff, and we feel posting it here hurts that effort...you may debate whether that's true or not, but the facts point towards most nay-sayers feeling that way, regardless of the truth behind it.

So....why help some, when clearly it angers others?

Isn't it also true that the ones you are helping by posting live auctions, could help themselves if they truly desired this items? Wouldn't leaving them to do that create no bad feelings?

Because heck, if someone's gonna complain that no one's doing the work for them...ie searching ebay for these great items and posting links to them here....then aren't they just being silly 'cause they could search themselves?
    Where as the bad feelings created when they ARE posted aren't as silly... they're frustrated forum members doing work and seeing others getting the same results handed to them...and it's that an understandable reason for being negative, imo.

Just food for thought.... I'm trying to boil it down to the essence; you're trying to help, and that's noble. I'm trying to explain that the help is at the expense of other forum members, so it's really no help at all.

Now if you're trying to make "hoarders" and re-sellers miss out so Joe Average can get it and play it, keep it etc...that's another thing altogether, and I guess there's a decent debate on whether or not your system is effective, and one whether everyone who searches regularly can be classed that way...but I think as a straight noble "helping others" gesture, it's back firing badly, unless as I said, you're trying something more focused such as messing with resellers and hoarders.

13. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

what is a crude matrix mean?

Sorry all I am a sitting here with a REALLY bad cold and am very grumpy. But also everyone always goes on and on about not posting links here and I get tired of it because it has already been decided that it will not be changed and you are not supposed to makes comments that might make the OP feel bad because he did nothing wrong. These things are not necessities so no need to get all bent out of shape about it. :)

14. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Looks like it was stamped by hand, like a gold hallmark, as opposed to laser etched or made up of little dots and printed by machine stamper. Aren't all the 35dp-4s crude?

15. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Nope. Mine (which is a J-for-USA) has the "standard" matrix.

16. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Ah PM,I was meaning Japan for Japan 3/4 blackfaces. Are all the Gold and Silver versions crude?

17. Downsampled

But the J-for-US CDs are exactly the same -- pressed at the same plant at the same time. They just have different printing on them.

I'll rephrase: I will be surprised if all the J-for-J CDs are crude matrix, given that my CD isn't.

18. Nope, I checked mine yesterday, clean etched matrix and yes it's a 3/4 blackface (not a goldtone face though).

-s1m0n-

19. TMan

TMan Forum Resident

That price is lower than usual??? How much better than any other versions can this thing possibly be? Does it reach out and give you a... "massage"... when you play it too? (clean version for these so-called 'family' forums :cool:).

20. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Of course and Hefner sends around some playmates to massage your feet and hand you a beer and a large cigar (but you have to wait until track 2 for the cigar :winkgrin:)

so the silver ones are printed, but the gold ones are crude? Wasn't this one a silver one? is the OP wrong about the crude matrix?

Where's Rick when you need him?

Anyone have a goldfaced non (un)-crude matrix?

21. Downsampled

I would guess (purely an educated guess) that all the gold CDs have a crude matrix. There are definitely silvers with the crude matrix; I have a couple.

22. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

OK so crude matrix vs. non-crude matrix, does this indicate different pressing plants or is it that they were pressed at different times, and why would this matter so much? A 35DP-4 is a 35DP-4, soundwise right? Would anybody really be able to tell a difference in the sound? I can understand the aesthetic appeal of a gold one vs. a silver one. I guess I am just questioning the semantics of all this...

23. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Crude Matrix golds came first then Crude matrix silvers, after that the non crudes followed.

Simon :)

24. rburly

Thanks for that, D, I needed a laugh! :winkgrin:

Sorry, just got home. My silver/black looks laser etched but my gold/black looks hand etched. (Don't know about my "other" one)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.