X-Fat Possum Reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wildgift, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildgift

Wildgift This is the modern world that I've heard about... Thread Starter

Well, through the magic of computes, my X songs disappeared. I need to replace Wild Gift, More Fun and Big Black Sun.

Has anyone heard these remasters? Are they the ones to get?

Thanks!!!

Sebastian saglimbenI likes this.
  2. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

I think the FAT POSSUM RE-ISSUES sound great.....only downside no bonus tracks....for those you'll need the rhino expanded te-issues.i purchased the fat possum edition c.d.'s simply because I so love X!!!My favorite band that I caught live twice in 1 week back in 1981!amazing band!

3. Wildgift

Thanks for the input. I actually have 256K copies of the extra tracks. I live in Los Angeles and see them about for five times a year. I took drum lessons with D.J. Bonebrake for about five years as well. They are really a wonderful band and nice people

Sebastian saglimbenI likes this.
  4. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

Yes I saw them twice in I believe 1981 in the same week....first at the old Ritz on 12th. Street n.y.c and a couple of day's later at MY FATHER'S PLACE IN ROSLYN N.Y. My hometown!it was broadcast live a week later by legendary new wave radio station W.L.I.R......I remember JASON & THE NASHVILLE SCORCHERS opened at THE RITZ......amazing show....BILLY ZOOM COOKED!!!

5. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

How are the X CD reissues by Fat Possum?

6. Wildgift

Sounds great, but don’t have the extras that the last three issues had. With that said, those extras are nothing great.

7. GlobalObserver

Thanks for replying. :agree:

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who is deathly allergic to overly compressed recordings.

You wouldn't happen to know the dynamic range numbers, would you? :winkgrin:

8. Wildgift

Sorry no idea

9. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

I think the Rhino and Fat Possum releases sound extremely similar -- that being said, as others have pointed out, I'd go with the Rhino CDs for the bonus tracks.

10. GlobalObserver

My friend already has the Rhino reissues on CD and he was hoping for a more dynamic upgrade.

Quite a bit of compression on the Rhino CDs.

11. JTS

JTS Forum Resident

I had the Original Album Series from 2011 with averages between DR7 and DR8. The Fat Possum remasters have an average DR9 and sound slightly better. As an X fan, for their low cost on Bandcamp I think they are worth it.

Wildgift likes this.
  12. GlobalObserver

Thank you. All replies are very much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.