X-Files Early Dvd Boxsets

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Nov 27, 2022.

1. BrentB

BrentB Urban Angler

The X-files are one of only several TV season sets I own and love. The others being All In The Family, Sanford and Son, Miami Vice, and the first 2 Star Trek (TOS, TNG).

2. rich100

rich100 Forum Resident

I had the DVD sets (or some of them) a while back, have since had the BluRay set as a gift a few years back and I have made a concerted effort to watch it through, up to season 6 (or is it 7, the one where she gets the new partner) now and have enjoyed the vast majority of these. There are some stunning episodes in these, and not all of them in the main story arc. A very chilling one was with the hillbilly family with the mum under the sofa or wherever she lived, very graphic.
    Some funny acting in these also, the one that spoofed the LA police documentary - I particularly liked how when faced with a camera crew they suddenly get camera shy for the documentary crew but seamlessly back to being natural when away from them, and another where he is watching a B movie and then finishes off talking to Scully hamming up the lines in a way reminiscent of those b movies, little things like that.

3. rich100

rich100 Forum Resident

Some others I spotted were Jack Black, Peter Boyle and Bryan Cranston

smilin ed likes this.
  4. Heck, I bought them on VHS first. Then DVD. Went for the Blu after that.

5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Every couple of years or so, the wife and I still say, "...hungry..." to each other.....makes us smile.

rich100 and smilin ed like this.
  6. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

"Do you think I'm spooky?"

My wife and I enjoy tossing that one around from time to time. So many great lines throughout the show.

vince and Playloud like this.
  7. Tom Holiday

Tom Holiday Forum Resident

Northern Exposure possibly?

8. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

No. The first X-Files box came out in 2000. The first Northern Exposure box came out in 2001 and only in region 2.

AngusStanley and Tom Holiday like this.
  9. Tom Holiday

Tom Holiday Forum Resident

Thanks for clarifying. I just remembered seeing early box sets of the NE seasons packaged in little life vests (!) many years back and it seemed like the first time I'd seen box sets of entire seasons of tv shows.

I was probably thinking that since the show Northern Exposure predated X Files or something...

10. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I really wish I had bought the Blu-Rays when they first came out. They are crazy expensive now. :(

11. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Actually found a great deal on the complete series on BD! Currently on season 2. :)