XLR unbalanced out to XLR balanced in

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Vignus, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vignus

Vignus Digital Vinylist Thread Starter

I need to connect my Cambridge CXN to a DSPeaker 2.0 using XLR cables, to add a subwoofer in my system.

The CXN XLR out is unbalanced (Cambridge manual advises to use a PIN 1 ground, PIN 2 hot and PIN 3 cold cable) while the DSPeaker XLR input is balanced (No specs in the manual).

I've found lots of XLR cables on Amazon, including a Mogami 2534 Neutrik Gold XLR that would fit my budget (about 50 $) but I can't tell if the wiring will work.
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07BLLNXFW...olid=3B5OBV17CK2TX&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Can anybody help me here?

2. Smitty8451

Smitty8451 Forum Resident

Your good to go with any xlr balanced cable, the antimode will accept a unbalanced xlr connection and pass it out as balanced. If you go to the DSPeaker site and look at the antimode 2.0 manual it’s is stated in there. You just want to make sure your cable is pinned out the same on both ends, pin 1 ground, pin 2 hot +, pin 3 cold -. I would use a meter to verify the continuity of the pins. On another note you can run rca from your Cambridge into the rca inputs on the dual core and use the xlr outs on your dual core to your subs or vice versa. I have mine setup that way and it works without issue. Better yet make your own cables, it’s fun and relatively easy if your competent at soldering and all the parts and cable are available from amazon.

3. Vignus

Vignus Digital Vinylist Thread Starter

Thank you! I'm a disaster with soldering, so I'll buy a pre-made cable :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.