XM or Sirius... Is one better than the other

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by romanotrax, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romanotrax

romanotrax Forum Resident Thread Starter

So my wife wants XM radio. She drives about 2 hours a day each way to and from work. My sister has it and loves it and I like the whole concept but I keep seeing ads for Sirius. Is it really any different from XM. Any pros or cons. And I haven't listened to XM except at my sisters house... is it really that good? I have to say that the quality of Chicago radio is at an all time low. I have switched almost exclusively to talk radio but on the occasion that I hit the FM dial, I am almost always disappointed.

Thanks for any feedback.

Bob

2. MikePh

MikePh Forum Resident/Song and Dance Man

Hey, I was going to post the same query this weekend...Awaiting the responses. Info about the equipment options would also be appreciated.

3. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

4. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

I'm also looking into this...there was an informative pullout in the new issue of Rolling Stone(the one with the bonus SACD) on XM radio.

JF

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I'm getting my GF an XM radio. It's actually here, but I need to install it :)

I would recommend people to go to www.xmfan.com as many questions have already been asked there.

But AFA content, XM wins hands down. Trust me on that.

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

When an audio magazine last Summer did a story on XM vs. Sirius Radio (Sound & Vision i think)....they thought XM was better.

7. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Curious: does anyone know what compression format (mp3?) do these services use, and at what bitrate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.