Yep Vinyl Sale Ends 6/15

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by avbuff, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just received this today...

"The Yep Roc Store is excited to announce the "Feed Your Turntable" Vinyl Sale. For one week only, ending 6/15, we are giving vinyl lovers the chance to stock up on over 50 albums from Nick Lowe,
    The Reverend Horton Heat, John Doe, Fountains of Wayne, Paul Weller and more for just $10 each!"

http://www.yeproc.com/sale

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Any of these albums of audiophile (as opposed to collector) quality? Things like the new Fountains of Wayne or Nick Lowe's Jesus of Pop?

3. avbuff

180 gram pressings, that's all I know.
    Each title includes a free digital download of the entire album.
    Don't know about shipping charges. Regardless, there's a few titles that whet my whistle - time to spend some coin.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, there are titles I'd definitely buy if these are sonic upgrades. But I already own, for example, nice minty original pressings of the Nick Lowe stuff. So there's no reason to buy these (for me) except sound...

5. spewey

spewey Senior Member

I ordered the Labour of Lust record. I liked the job Yep Roc did on the CD!

6. avbuff

Likewise, I have quite a few original Lowe releases - none of his latest stuff though, and I don't have Jesus of Cool in vinyl, so it looks as though I will make at least one Lowe purchase.
    I did come across The Sadies: Darker Circles in vinyl which I purchased from Yep in one of their previous sales. It's a very nicely packaged gatefold, and the vinyl is flat (as in non-warped) and DEAD QUIET (as opposed to my recent purchase of Norah Jones ...Little Broken Hearts, which is full of pops and ticks that completely overpowers the music :().
    There is an inscription in the deadwax of The Sadies ..."Trutone Mastering Labs, NY", if that tells you anything.
    So if The Sadies pressing is any indication of the quality of Yep's other releases in vinyl, I will have to say "Go Fer It"
    Good luck.
    Steve

7. tappioha

tappioha Forum Resident

I couldn't resist. I also own originals, but...

55 $ 4 LP's with P&P.
    I hope customs don't mind.

8. redraiderak

redraiderak Forum Resident

FYI it's still working as of this morning. Just picked up two Nick Lowe's. thank you for the head's up!!

9. spewey

spewey Senior Member

Got my records yesterday....Jesus of Cool on two colored discs, Labour of Lust and The Soft Boys -- I forgot how much fun it is buying records!

10. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

I got mine as well (Bell X1 and John Wesley Harding) -- the latter has been listened to / needle dropped and I'm very happy with that one. Bell X1 is TBD. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.