Yes: All things about their 50th Anniversary Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ian christopher, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

It's not quite the same, because you can easily put him on ignore, or simply just don't read his posts. This is the internet, and not real life. He has a right to his opinion on here regardless of how many times he expresses the same opinion.

2. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

What fun would that be? I like to heartily guffaw once in awhile.

Lownote30 likes this.
  3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I feel there's entirely too much ADD behavior on display in this thread the past couple of days.

Maybe it's time for a break.

4. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

I am interrupting this unfortunate discussion to bring you this nice picture

[​IMG]

AidanB likes this.
  5. AidanB

AidanB Forum Resident

Man, I’m following this thread for news and it devolves into something like this? This is hilarious, it’s like I’m in the freshman cafeteria at my high school listening to a couple of wannabe rock musicians shouting at each other about music. Please guys, keep up the great show, I can’t wait to see how much energy and time you guys have to waste on this virtual shouting match. :-popcorn:

6. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

Besides Geddy is currently on an infrequent and random book tour which is happening again this very week. This being Bastille Day, he's about to be interviewed by two of the bands former producers Peter Collins and Nick Raskulinecz.

7. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

I don't really consider Carl's band to be a tribute (Even though he changed the name to "Legacy Band" a few years back.) The music is still alive because of the talent of Carl and his band mates. Been seeing this band for about 10 years now and they bring it. He's always on my "must see" list for tours.

KarlFarbman likes this.
  8. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

Jordan Rudess, but he's kind of busy. But you're right. I think Carl likes the spotlight way too much.

For Yes, I like Brislin (and Igor) better than Wakeman if I'm honest.

rancher and Aggie87 like this.
  9. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

They need a drummer who won't drive me crazy.

10. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

At this point, I'd rather see the Steve Howe Band. Actually it's the Steve Howe trio, right? I'd rather see that.

setlistthief likes this.
  11. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

Yep, the show I went to last year and a few years before that was called Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy (as it has been for awhile) and this year I think they specifically marketed this package tour as "including tributes to Keith Emerson and Greg Lake" or something like that. But I certainly wasn't lumping this in with some generic "tribute" or cover band if that's what you thought--I don't regard ANY band as a cover/tribute band that contains an original/signature member of the actual band itself in it.

I was using the word "tribute" in the much more generic sense ie "honoring the memory of". Just like Yes was also marketed on this tour as paying tribute to Chris Squire and Asia the same for John Wetton--that was one of the core ideas surrounding the reason to package these bands together on this tour.

Which btw, for the denigraters and naysayers is reason enough itself to justify seeing this tour live--paying tribute to and honoring the memory of 4 of the most impactful and iconic musicians of my 4 decades+ of progressive rock fandom and in the history of rock music:

Chris Squire
    Keith Emerson
    Greg Lake
    John Wetton

If that doesn't provide enough reason/justification to get off your duffs and see and hear this music
    performed live, then you might as well be brain dead. IMO.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    setlistthief and NorthNY Mark like this.
  12. zen

zen Senior Member

I just see the JAG avatar and I skip over her posts (pertaining to YES) ....and it's all done WITHOUT the ignore button.

13. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

Understood on your first point.

Regarding your second point. I prefer to honor the memory of those guys in my own way which may not necessarily be in line with your way. Of course your mileage may vary

Galeans likes this.
  14. zen

zen Senior Member

Strong performance of "Sole Survivor." Everyone on stage appears to be in a good mood, and good form.

NorthNY Mark likes this.
  15. Well, they could get Kenny Aronoff or Myron Grombacher . . .

ytserush likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.