Yes!? NO! - The all purpose Yes arguing and complaining thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Harvest Your Thoughts, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patel kismet

patel kismet Forum Resident

Yes , but he doesn't have the presence & the voice of Chris.

Dr. Mudd and Comet01 like this.
  2. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

I suspect this is more about Rick's bitterness towards the other members -- he was quite vocal in his displeasure when Oliver was fired from the band -- than telling the Hall "where to stick it."

ARK, lucan_g and AidanB like this.
  3. The Bishop

The Bishop Forum Resident

The rock and roll hall of fame, is about as in-rock and roll as it gets: beats me why you people place so much stock in it?

Just to be clear, I'm really disappointed Yes are going in....but they have been selling out for a long time now.

But not with one of their key members, thank goodness

4. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Rick Wakeman is getting into the spirit of this thread! Welcome to the fellowship of the miserable Rick. You will fit in nicely here.

ledsox and Shak Cohen like this.
  5. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Rick is going. The reason he wasn't going is because they weren't going to present Chris Squire's wife with his award. Now, the Hall Of Fame has agreed to, so Rick IS going to attend. I'm wondering if Bruford will go.

6. frimleygreener

frimleygreener "It 'a'int why...it just is"

Seems strange how infrequently the debut album is mentioned...even by "die hard" fans...to my mind it was never bettered by any subsequent offerings from the band in question.

Comet01 likes this.
  7. GMcGilli

GMcGilli Forum Resident

Funny. I had never heard the debut album until a year ago I grabbed the box set. And - the opening track - Beyond And Before - I was amazed I'd never heard that in any of their live sets. Fabulous song.

SirMarc, Bemsha, warewolf95 and 2 others like this.
  8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Is the band name "Yes" a reference to Yoko Ono's display at the Indica Gallery?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gkmacca and NorthNY Mark like this.
  9. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

There was never any indication that Chris was not going to get an award, accepted by anyone his estate designated to do so.

10. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

According to Wakeman, that was why he said he wasn't going. It's in his follow up post on his blog that the Hall of Fame is going to do that, so he's going. That implies that they weren't going to. Maybe they just weren't going to let Squire's family accept it on the stage with everyone else. So, Wakeman indicated it indirectly. My point is that his rant about not going originally was about that and not what people were claiming in this thread.

11. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Yes exactly. Wakeman doesn't pull any punches and thought that Squires family were not going to be up on stage to get the award. Once Rick found out that Chris' wife would accept the award on behalf of Chris Rick posted to his website that he will be going.

12. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

I agree. I definitely like the first two with Peter Banks.
    Many fans prefer to believe that Yes didn't start until Howe arrived.
    [​IMG]

ARK and Shak Cohen like this.
  13. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

The band wanted a very short name so that they could write it in huge letters on their posters. (The band's precursor was the less catchy Mabel Greer's Toy Shop.) Peter Banks came up with "Yes."
    In his original explanation (before he changed his mind), Wakeman complained that the Hall of Fame often waited too long so that key members were dead before they could be inducted. Bizarrely, as an example of this he cited John Entwistle, who was alive and present at the Who's induction in 1990, more than a decade before his death.

I hope they all show up. I wouldn't expect Bill Bruford to play, but it would be nice to see him there. He's always well-spoken and I'd like to hear his remarks at the podium. Maybe they can talk him into shaking a tambourine, at least...

Lownote30 likes this.
  14. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

The band certainly played w/ this by naming the "re-formed" Yes' albums Keys to Ascension--> Open Your Eyes--> The Ladder--> Magnification. I thought the plan might have been to make one more album entitled yes, bringing the journey full circle.

ARK, Rfreeman, Tristero and 3 others like this.
  15. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Holy crap!!! LOLOL! :D

JimW likes this.
  16. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

17. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident Thread Starter

18. matthew2600

matthew2600 Forum Resident

Carl: Yeah, that's your future: busting atoms. Can you imagine us working there, the whole Carl Crew?
    Lenny: Hey, I thought we're called Lenny and the Jets.
    Moe: Eh, you're both wrong. We're the Moe Szyslak Experience featuring Homer.
    Carl: Uh, I like the sound of that.

19. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

JamesLord likes this.
  20. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

It's like 1989 all over again. Except I don't think there will be a warm fuzzy reunion tour in 2 years.

seed_drill likes this.
  21. 12stringbassist

12stringbassist Location: Irrelevance.

It's a saga. There could be a few versions of Yes on the road.
    The AWR version is certainly composed of the members who have been very successful. I like Trevor Rabin's playing a lot.

The big question is... Which version would Chris Squire have gone with?

22. JamesLord

JamesLord Forum Resident

Exactly. A 'definitive' line up that have never recorded a single studio track together. That's BS even by Jon's standard!!!

23. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

What is the best cd available for Yessongs? I was thinking of getting the new Japan remix (lp jacket).

24. gkmacca

gkmacca Forum Resident

NO

BluesOvertookMe, mBen989 and EwaWoowa like this.
  25. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

There is no remix of Yessongs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.