Yes Union Live 30 disc megaset

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tonylevin'ssuitcase, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Fred1

Fred1 Stuck in the past with one eye to the future!

Pre-ordered the 4 LP box set.

2. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

USA shipping from the MusicGlue site is about $90. Their base price ($300) is cheaper than you'll see from most USA retailers, but the shipping more than makes up the difference. (The MusicGlue site even has some fine print warning USA customers of the hefty shipping charge. Apparently the package weighs more than 13 pounds.)

3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

This might be a better option from Popmarket today? USA based....with free shipping :)

Yes Daily Deal on PopMarket

[​IMG]

4. SJB

That's the vinyl edition - PopMarket is asking about $350 for the 30-disc set. Free shipping. So you'd be saving a chunk compared to the $390-ish from MusicGlue in the UK.

ARK and imarcq like this.
  5. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

I want it, must have it.

6. imarcq

Yes I realized it's the vinyl edition, that's what I ordered via Music Glue, but I thought the Popmarket price would be better for those in USA than the other alternatives. I paid £I10 for UK offer from Music Glue. So US$122 (£89) is actually less than what I paid here. I did know it had the CD box on sale too, so I just assumed people clicking the link above would just see both anyway. That CD box is still pretty pricey whatever!

Yes Union 30 Live: Super Deluxe Flight Case 30 Year Anniversary Edition (26CD+4DVD) [Import] on PopMarket

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    ARK likes this.
  7. SJB

ARK and imarcq like this.
  8. imarcq

ARK likes this.
  9. Bill007

Bill007 Forum Resident

I haven’t had the chance to read all the prior posts . Is there any talk of release of a more $ friendly compilation edition?

10. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

I love the Union album (and tour), but I know that I'm a relative oddity of a Yes fan in that. Still, I don't buy big sets like this very often any longer, but I am interested in this case.

JimW likes this.
  11. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

Was this the tour where they were on the revolving, circular stage? The motion made me nauseous so I left.

12. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Not on all of the dates but they did have the revolving stage on many of them. The Worcester show I saw had it, which made our mezzanine seats pretty great.

13. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Anyone have an opinion of what the best Union shows were, or what the best boots available of these shows are? I know where to find them.

14. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Certainly not odd in liking the tour, but many Yesfans diss the album- and the band hates it! Personally I like it, despite the bungled nature of it's creation/production. Love The More We Live. Mostly like the ABWH tracks more, but I find the album enjoyable.

Terrapin Station, DiabloG and SRC like this.
  15. ausamerika

ausamerika Forum Resident

They announced before the Denver show that it was being recorded for a forth-coming video release. Been holding out my whole adult life for that one.

16. imarcq

Not sure if this applies too, but buying 2 vinyl items gives another 10% off using VINYL 10, and 20% off using VINYL20.
    But you would have to buy two or three sets, or some other vinyl in your cart to get the deal...

[​IMG]

17. ausamerika

Agreed. Union was my on-ramp to Yes, they represent the largest single portion of my music collection, by far, and I'm still not interested in this.

18. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

Yep, me too!

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  19. KngCrmsn22

KngCrmsn22 Forum Resident

I wouldn't pay that for the set, but I would love to have the Pensacola show as I was in attendance. That was my first Yes concert. I saw them again later that summer in Costa Mesa, California. As far as the album, back in 1991 I loved it as I hadn't really explored a lot of the Yes back catalog. Once you start to hear TYA, Fragile, CTTE, Relayer and GFTO, Union starts to pale in comparison. It has it's moments though.

JimW and SRC like this.
  20. coolsound

coolsound Forum Resident

I didn’t even keep the Union CD in my collection, boring. I recently read a book by aymeric Leroy about YES which explain that while recording the album, most part of keyboard and guitars supposed to be played respectively by wakeman and howe were finished by studio technicians. Yes members were very upset that Geffen wanted to supervise the work finished every day.

21. ausamerika

I'm watching the Denver show now. Haven't seen this in over a decade. I actually think Jon's voice is better now than it was in 1991.

JimW likes this.
  22. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

It's incredible how well his voice has aged. Haven't seen him live since APB, but I was amazed at how great he sounded.

ausamerika likes this.
  23. imarcq

That's interesting if true. However the actual tour itself was well received, and I think considering the egos involved, the band had a good time on the whole, and the audience loved it. I have the DVD which I think is a worthwhile watch.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  24. zen

zen Senior Member

Hard pass.

25. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

it blows my mind that it can’t get officially released in pristine quality, while the sloppy, poorly filmed Shoreline show has been rereleased so many times.

ausamerika and JimW like this.