Yes USB Galvanic isolation works

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tone?, Oct 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah crazy how this stuff works.
    But I guess it’s what people say about really good streamers.

2. Jim Hodgson

Jim Hodgson Galvanically Isolated in Greenpoint

I guess I wasn’t thinking of streaming and galvanically isolating as mutually exclusive at all. (Although I can see how that might be the case in many instances.) In my system, streaming is by means of a Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 (as Roon Core) and Sonore microRendu (as Roon Endpoint). Then, Schiit Eitr, which converts USB to S/PDIF, provides galvanic isolation.

Along the same lines and with similar reasoning, there’s also a pair of transformers (1:1) at the output of my DAC and another pair (1:5) between my external digital crossover and high frequency power amps. Transformers seem to be beneficial in connection with digital conversions anywhere along the signal path :righton:

Tone? likes this.
  3. DonNylon

DonNylon Forum Resident

Gotcha. No worries!

Tone? likes this.
  4. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident Thread Starter

i know I know I’m nuts but I got the Intona to compare to the iGalvanic and I prefer the iGalvanic sound.
    Don’t ask me why they sound different but they do.
    The Intona sounded a tad ‘ whispery’ on the high end. Best word I could come up with. Lol.
    The iGalvanic seems a bit more solid sounding.

if you can try it out.
    No affiliation whatsoever with any product.
    Just an OCD nut. Ha

Cheers

5. DonNylon

DonNylon Forum Resident

No judgement here man! Just keeping note in case my system(s) need it in the future. Looks like it does a lot more than just give a "cleaner" USB signal transfer, with the ground loop tech and all. Fascinating little devices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.