Yet another "commercials that annoy the hell out of us" thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

This is one of about a half dozen commercials that I can't mute quite fast enough. They seem to be not showing them as much as they did around Christmas, or maybe I'm not watching TV as much. Buy I keep the remote right next to me now while watching TV. Ugh!

2. aaronfirebrand

aaronfirebrand Well-Known Member

Anything to do with transvaginal mesh devices makes me think the end is near (and wish it was nearer).

3. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Forum Resident

As a former Ohioian, I remember that commercial as a kid! Oh the memories...

Yeah each time I see it on I mute it right away. It makes me want to go there and cut that zip line that pig is on and watch him fall to his doom. The money they waste on such garbage.

Other commercials that get my goat:

The Trojan Man commercial (im sure you guys know what those are),

The Sanford Brown commercial...really, not everyone wants to be in the medical field nor have the money for the classes.

4. aaronfirebrand

Pos-T-Vac®

5. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Forum Resident

Just now they showed what looks like a new Progressive commercial with Sonic the Hedgehog while playing the invincibility theme from Sega's 'Sonic 3' classic game.

Oh gosh. Now next time I play Sonic 3 on my Genesis and get that invincibility monitor that theme will now remind me of the Progressive commercial. Ugh.....

6. Bill

Bill Senior Member

The ad for the Gerber Life Plan college savings program is high on my list. Could they have found a group of actors with more annoying whining yuppie voices? I have actually cut myself shaving when it comes on in the morning. Thought it was a reunion of the cast of that despicable angst-fest Thirtysomething.
    And then there's the Sleepy's ad attempting to capitalize on the beauty and poignancy of In My Life to sell me a mattress. Hope Yoko really needed the money to allow such a violation of her late husband's artistic legacy. Maybe some more cool designer sunglasses.

7. aaronfirebrand

The Proactiv ad suggesting that the zit-ridden wallflower can transform into this (and why do I think Katy's flipping me off?):

Attached Files:

• m.jpg
      m.jpg
      File size:
      63.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Pretty much all of them, that's what mute buttons are for.

9. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

However annoying they may have become in recent years, I seem to recall liking the first couple of Transvaginal Mesh Devices (TMD) albums - when was that, about 94-95? I think I saw them just before Bikini Kill at one of those second stage things at Lollapalooza. I thinking they lost a lot of credibility with their riot girrrl base when the drummer married a dude.

10. looopy

looopy Member

The new J C Penny one with the yelling people,can't mute it fast enough

11. McLover

McLover Senior Member

"He Went To Jared, He Went To ****ing Jared". Their singing version with the squealy voice, "It Can Only Be Ja-A-Red" is even worse. Concur about Hoverround commercials. Especially the singing off key elderly people. Why can't we have these on 2" Quadruplex cart machines so one can get eaten on occasion? Some of my other least favorite ads this time of year would get this thread closed, so let us not get started on those.

12. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

Absolutely horrid and despicable commercial. Pisses me off big time. I said to the person I was watching it with that this is the worst commercial I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot!:realmad:

13. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Man, I really feel sorry for those of you who don't use your DVR's for everything! :angel:

I've noticed a lot of my local cable company commercials must be practically free, the way they insert them every stinkin' time. Yes, the Gerber life insurance, the Progressive and the Old Navy ads honk me off...then I just skip ahead, and the only thing I have to deal with is the tail-end of 'em.

I think there's also a psychological advantage to only watching time-shifted television, because with that remote in your hand the only time a TV spot really grates on me, is when I have to skip back too many seconds to catch the return to the program I accidentally skipped-into.

Now playing on Ariel Stream: Hedningarna - Forest Maiden

14. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

ANY Car commercial,Including the Friendly Motors "KIII-A!" Karate commercial..It runs every 5 Minutes..Now,I dread Mr. Friendly's Scream! Also,somebody tell me,why the Hell does every channel here re-run commercials twice in a row! isn't once enough? I think it is! And when they repeat the Tel.#'s over & over again,sometimes 4 times,until you want to scream,"ENOUGH ALREADY! WE GET IT,WE GET IT!":shake:Talk about ANNOYING!

15. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I am with you on this one. When I hear this commercial start up I run for the tuning dial.

16. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I hate any commercial with an annoying alarm clock going off.

17. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I would appreciate it if links (when possible) could be included in postings so I can directly see the offensive commercials. Thank you so much!

18. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I HATE that commercial! I thought the original with the pig and PO'd mom was okay, but I think the new one is currently my most annoying commercial.

19. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

How does everyone feel about the current Dairy Queen commercials?

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think it's very funny and well-done, if you consider the message. But I'd also agree, this is not a commercial that's fun after you've seen it three or four times. By god, they get their point across: J.C. Penney is now Walmart.

21. ricebear

ricebear Forum Resident

I honestly don't know what that JC Penney commercial is supposed to be advertising!? Other than people hate it when they miss sales...JC Penney's going to have sales all the time??? I've noticed a few commercials recently where I haven't a clue what they're trying to sell. Isn't that bad?? Like these people dancing around with 3 store names on their shopping bags (Nordstrom, maybe...) saying that shopping in stores is bad, or something...I don't know....Working on time machine, must get back to 80's.....

22. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I think the message is that the store is going to be like Wal Mart. No sales, low prices everyday.

23. scott palmiter

scott palmiter Senior Member

i live in chicagoland, and had to google that phrase. i've never seen a commercial concerning that issue in my life.:confused:

24. it is usually a dad being made a fool by his family

25. the commercials for the trojan vibrators where their hair is all blown back. any commercials about toilet paper mostly the one with the bear that always has the paper stuck to his azz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.