You are the weakest link -- Goodbye!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MITBeta, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon

Bye, bye, Bose!

2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

If you have the space you may want to check out Magnepans. Planars aren't for everyone, but for those who like them Maggies are wonderful. If I ever hit the lottery I'd upgrade my Apogees to Maggie 20.1s.

3. Elton

Elton I Hope Being Helpful, Will Make Me Look Cool

If you get more effective Speakers everything will sound better!:edthumbs: Then, the Turntable to make sure the speakers are better! The Pioneer I would and after the speakers and the turntable it's your call on the receiver. Me, I'd take a look at the speaker wire.:D

4. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I do agree that your first priority needs to be speakers, but I disagree that simply upgrading them will improve the sound of your system. Your goal should be to find the most transparent speakers in your budget, and once you can really hear your amplification and front end, you may find you don't like those. But your subsequent upgrades will be much more informed with quality speakers that let you really hear the upstream components of the system--and the software, of course!

5. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Good call! I recommend Tannoys..:thumbsup:

6. Bruce Burgess

Bruce Burgess Senior Member

I also voted to dump the Bose first. I replaced my Bose 301 speakers with Paradigm Studio 60s and I'm very pleased with the results. I don't think that Bose are that bad, but you can definitely get better value for the money.

I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but Paradigm offer a number of excellent speakers at varying price levels. They offer excellent value for the dollar.

After experiementing with surround sound, I have decided to go back to stereo. To me, music sounds better coming from two really good speakers than from the four or five inferior speakers I would get for the same amount of money.

If you like the Beatles, I would definitely get a turntable next. The CDs are OK for the car or the walkman, but good quality vinyl is the only way to go with a good system.

Finally, I have the Pioneer 563A and am very pleased with it. There may be better players on the market, but they cost several times as much money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.