You Know You Have Too Many Records When....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dominick, Oct 14, 2017.

1. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Yes, when presented with the task of moving:
    Amazed
    Impressed

Confident
    Optimistic
    Determined

Overwhelmed
    Uncertain
    Disbelieving
    Exhausted

Relieved

timind likes this.
  2. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

If a record store employee tracks you down at home because no one at the store saw you this week and they got worried.

3. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

........Spend more time hemming & hawing over which LP is the "Perfect" LP to listen to at that very moment (that has long since past because you're still hemming & hawing )

Aja, PyroMessiah, Efus and 3 others like this.
  4. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

...you are to overwhelmed by making a choice and end up listening to your favorite go-to record for the one millionth time.

5. Wild Horse

Wild Horse Forum Resident

Haha, that's what a hobby's for. :D

I went through that phase years ago. But, I ended up with all the vinyl records I need, and even thinned out the herd a few years ago (no one needs Chicago X). I was lucky to get into vinyl collecting before the hipsters drove the prices sky high.

And, you're right about women. If I ever met a woman who was into collecting records the way I was, I would be torn between thinking she was a rare awesome creature, and kind of a weirdo. :laugh:

6. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Thankfully I get to work from home on Fridays....so there for the new releases being delivered and usually able to hide them.

And before someone asks, no I didn't purposly change my work practices to accommodate this...just one of the benefits...means I get to listen to them straight away as well!!!:D

DHamilton likes this.
  7. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

H

8. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

...The last time you went more than 3 days without spinning a record Eisenhower was in office!

9. jimtek

jimtek Forum Resident

Your house is is need of dire repairs and furniture is falling apart and they only thing keeping it from collapsing is stacks of records.

10. jimtek

jimtek Forum Resident

A black widow has moved into a stack of records but you don't want to spray it with raid because you are afraid it might damage the records.

11. B. Bu Po

B. Bu Po Senior Member

I have certainly had to slow it down, but mostly due to the $$ plus space minus time equation. My point was they can't find a way to keep the damn things from coming out!

Folknik likes this.
  12. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

Did not mean to send. I am at this point now. So far have moved 8000 CDs and have two more large cabinets to pack. Such a range of emotion.

lightbulb likes this.
  13. jimtek

jimtek Forum Resident

Your dreams are allot like the last scene in "Citizen Kane", where Orson Welles is dying and repeating "Rosebud", but in your dream you are repeating "Butcher Cover".

14. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Amen to this!!
    Great post DK! :righton:

Beave

15. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

It probably wants to hear Alice Cooper's Welcome To My Nightmare. :uhhuh:

Ludger likes this.
  16. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

On my current round of collecting vinyl I have made It a point not to get records just for the sake of having them. I only buy things that have some kind of meaning to me. This is helping.

Efus and timind like this.
  17. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

… when you started listing your collecation on Discogs 2 years ago, and still aren’t finished.

Another sign is when you actually have to create new entries in Discogs to get your items listed.

DHamilton, Ludger, JasonA and 3 others like this.
  18. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

"You know you have too many records when..."

It's a trick question! The answer to "how many records do you have?" is ALWAYS "not enough."

Always.

19. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

You no longer are interested in playing any of them because the thrill is gone.

Aja likes this.
  20. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

:righton:
    "You know you have too many records when..." you ALWAYS keep saying you never have enough of them!:agree:

21. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

When you buy a record (used or new) and than find you already have it. You forgot you had it already.

22. OldJohnRobertson

OldJohnRobertson Martyr for Even Less

Guilty! :wave:

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  23. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

when you buy 2.5mm thickness outer sleeves, instead of 3mm, because you're worried about the space it will take..

24. ChrisInKansas

ChrisInKansas Forum Resident

When you're running out of room in your 3 bedroom house + full basement, but the thought of moving everything to a bigger house sounds far too exhausting - and you won't stop buying new records.

25. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

And then you give up recording how many you have.

edenofflowers likes this.