You really need to check out The In Groove online record store

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by DaleClark, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ive been ordering from TIG instead of the bigger mail order sites. They have a B&M store in AZ plus have a wonderful Youtube channel.

This place “over pack” their shipments. I would bet the packaging could fall off a moving train and be perfect upon arrival

i’m not certain if the owner Mike is a member here on the forum
    https://www.theingroove.com/

neubian likes this.
  2. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Its too bad they have not listed more used records up on their site since I am sure they have a lot of good inventory in their store. The ones on the site now have not really changed since I first started looking at his YouTube videos.

Quakerism likes this.
  3. jacksprivateclub

jacksprivateclub Active Member

I recently ordered from TIG for the first time and was disappointed.
    Ordered 2 Blue Note Classics. One of them had pressing flaws.
    Sent two emails so far and no response. His site does not specify any return / refund policy.

Quakerism likes this.
  4. jacksprivateclub

UPDATE: TIG finally responded and he sent a paid return shipping label and I sent lp back to him for a refund.

5. jacksprivateclub

2nd Update: Well Mike has had my return record for 4 days now and still hasn't refunded my money.
    Guess he is to busy being a YouTube star too offer decent customer service. It's too bad because I had planned
    to throw a lot business his way since he doesn't charge sales tax. Adios Mike, you've lost my business for good.

jesterthejedi and Quakerism like this.
  6. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

You might cut Mike some slack, he is a small indie record store. Sound like he handles most things on his own when it comes to inventory, website, shipping, etc., so it is going to take him longer. The bigger online record stores have a shipping & receiving department and will turnaround a refund faster. Mike is also a forum member here too.

R. Totale and Simon A like this.
  7. jacksprivateclub

I am giving him some slack. How long should I wait before I write a Yelp review?
    I'm doing him a favor by venting here first.

Quakerism likes this.
  8. jacksprivateclub

3rd Update: I had disputed charge with my cc company, but they have done nothing and in fact seem clueless, so I decided to go
    back to PayPal and registered a dispute and a claim for a refund. That was my last resort. Only 2nd time since 2009 I had to do this.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  9. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

8 days with zero communication is pretty bad. I agree that if he spent less time trying to make stupid videos, his business might blossom more.

10. jacksprivateclub

4th update: Talked to cc company. They sent him a letter. He has to respond by a certain time. CC company says this could take up
    90 days to resolve. I informed them I filed a PayPal claim and they only give him 10 days to respond.

11. jacksprivateclub

I just read a Yelp review dated 3/7/2021 on The In Groove. Customer walked in store to return a defective record. Mike had some kind
    of meltdown. I beginning to think he invested a lot in the Blue Note Classic Series and now all the defective records are coming back.

12. jacksprivateclub

Last Update: CC company issued a "conditional credit" to me for $24.99. If Mike doesn't dispute then the credit becomes permanent.
    Mike should have a clear policy on returns on his website. I've learned my lesson, stick with Ebay where it is required to post if returns
    are accepted or not.

13. Marceleichelberger4764

Marceleichelberger4764 Active Member

Its really awful they have not recorded more utilized records up on their site since I am certain they have a great deal of good stock in their store. The ones on the site currently have not actually changed since I initially began taking a gander at his YouTube recordings.

14. Trixmay 988

Trixmay 988 Demere's Dreams

Anyone else had negative experiences with this guy?
    I read a comment on one of his videos of how someone's cousin got treated poorly by him, but you never know the story or whether it's even true in the first place, so I take it with a pinch of salt.

15. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

What's written in an auction is inconsequential as PayPal's rules are what matter. You have 3 months to return any product regardless of what is written in an auction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.