You want the "Bargain of the Century" Blu-ray/SACD player for $100.00 shipped?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by soundboy, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikePh

MikePh Forum Resident/Song and Dance Man

Thanks. I'm going to look at the 570 also, but i liked the price on the 370.

2. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

I noticed s/t tonight about the S370 player... If I press STOP, and then later press play, the player does not return to the place in the movie I stopped at, insteadm the movie starts over.

Previous Sony DVD players I've used would go back to the place you stopped at, if you pressed Stop -once-. Those players would go back to the beginning if you pressed Stop -twice-.

3. Jake!

Jake! Active Member

Strange, I tested mine the other day while playing a BR and it DID return to where I had stopped it. But when it did a dialogue box came up asking me if I wanted to go back to where I was or go back to the beginning.

Were you playing a CD, DVD or a BR at the time? Maybe it handles different discs differently.

4. andythiing

andythiing Forum Resident

Jake where did you pick yours up from - thinking of getting one!

5. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

I tried it again with a different disc, and an option on the screen came up and asked did I want to continue from where I stopped.... so I guess it does work.... maybe it's different on different discs.... I don't know yet, as I haven't watched that many on this player yet....

What I did change to get the best sound was the Audio Setting Option for BD AUDIO MIX SETTING. I set that to OFF. When it was set to ON, I got sound artifacts, especially during dialogue. With it OFF I get no sound artifacts, and I can also listen to the secondary audio tracks, the commentary tracks.

My BX37 is connected to the amp with a coaxial cable, as the amp does no have any HDMI ports.....

I would like to upgrade to an amp that has HDMI and can handle DTS-HD Master Audio and DSD from SA CDs.... :)

--------------------------------
    BTY, I saw 50 or so of the BX-37s stacked up at Sam's Monday.

6. I would love to hear reports on the sound quality for the 570 unit, as I am looking at it for a bedroom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.