Your Biggest Album Disappointment

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Fred1

Fred1 Stuck in the past with one eye to the future!

Yes - Tornato

ggergm likes this.
  2. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Easy for me to answer:

Jethro Tull - A Passion Play

After four great records in Stand Up, Benefit, Aqualung and Thick As A Brick, Ian Anderson laid a turd, at least in my world. While I certainly liked Jethro Tull albums after that, I never again was the fan I once was.

pexie likes this.
  3. MrJerry1876

MrJerry1876 Short Distance Voyager

I forgot about these:
    Queen- A Day At The Races
    Never really got into it. The three hits are the best one there by a long, long shot.
    Queen- The Works
    In my opinion, this may be worse than Hot Space. The hits are all you need on it.

innuendo141 and Fred1 like this.
  4. William Abely

William Abely Forum Resident

15 Big Ones

TimM and Tube Roller like this.
  5. Dovetail7

Dovetail7 Pragmatic Purist

Peter Frampton I'm In You (the last straw!?!)

TimM likes this.
  6. I bought a brand new, sealed LP of Graham Nash - Songs For Beginners. Opened it when I got home, and contained within: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

linklinc and carlwm like this.
  7. ThunderDan

ThunderDan Forum Resident

Kid A.

I still think OK Computer is one of the greatest albums of all time.
    Then came Kid A, and they told us, it is even better.
    I still don't get it, like at all.

Kris-AOTY likes this.
  8. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

Pretenders 2. The debut was off the charts amazing, the follow-up kind of a dud.

Tod41, jimmydean and twicks like this.
  9. Jarra Lad

Jarra Lad Forum Resident

The Stone Roses- Second Coming

Still own it, but never want to hear it again.

Man at C&A, innuendo141 and veloso2 like this.
  10. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

Re: Stone Roses -
    OMG, Yes!!

veloso2 likes this.
  11. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

you can return albums?

12. Mickey2

Mickey2 Forum Resident

In 1970/71 at the time, we did. The store erroneously told my parents it was the latest release anyway, which it wasn't.

joy stinson likes this.
  13. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Procol Harum, Something Magic. Not too fond of Novum, either, which made me miss Keith Reid lots.

14. UlisesLima

UlisesLima Forum Resident

Black Sabbath - 13

Scott222C, zen and Steve356 like this.
  15. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura!

For me it was the White Stripes Get Behind Me Satan

I like Blue Orchid but remember feeling very unmoved by the rest of the album. I haven't listened to it since initial release.

twicks likes this.
  16. St. Anger. Heard the lead off single on the radio (title track). Couldn't quite believe my ears. A friend downloaded the album and gave me a CDR of it. I still felt ripped off. The moment when Metallica quit their place at metal's top table.

The Offspring - Conspiracy Of One/Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace - Their 90s work was supreme, but on Conspiracy.... the songwriting fell off a cliff completely and never recovered. Bought RAFRAG when it came out to see if they had regained any momentum and it sounded like bad emo for the most part.

QOTSA - Rated R - Not a bad record, but really different to what I was expecting. The reviews made me think it was all going to sound like Feel Good Hit Of The Summer, but it was way more of a varied listen and pretty laid back in places. I still think it's chronically overrated and that the following Songs For The Deaf was their absolute masterpiece.

Megadeth - Rust In Peace - Supposed to be a classic of the thrash era, but I noticed on first listen that after the first two songs (which are great) most of the album seemed like boring filler. I waited several years and expected it to grow on me. It never did.

innuendo141 likes this.
  17. simoncm

simoncm Forum Resident

Probably Bridge Over Troubled Water - I'd got their other four, but although everyone raves about this, I don't rate it even as highly as Wednesday Morning 3 a.m.

joy stinson likes this.
  18. Head Gardener

Head Gardener Forum Resident

[​IMG]

OK it's a gig but the Born In The USA album disappointed me and after missing out on tickets for The River tour I was so looking forward to this but it was a a real let down, sun setting over the stage (blinded by the light, haha) and surrounded by fist pumping drunks and not loud enough, or maybe I was in a bad mood that day, I just remember coming away really pissed off

19. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

That's cool, we are many, many who enjoy the heck out of it.

20. Gus Tomato

Gus Tomato Stop dreamin’ and start drivin’ Stevie!

Surprised to hear that - I’d have it as their finest album (but sure what would be the point if we all liked the same thing :)).

Cosmic_Equilibrium likes this.
  21. pwhytey

pwhytey Forum Resident

I remember being terribly disappointed when Pet Shop Boys released Bilingual. I'd loved all their previous albums, but not this one.

Ghost of Ziggy likes this.
  22. Harry Baleson

Harry Baleson Forum Resident

The Black Rider - Tom Waits.

Massive drop after Bone Machine

23. wrappedinsky

wrappedinsky Forum Resident

Well how wrong could you be? On Amazon, this amazing record has 4 1/2 stars with 167 reviews.
    (Seriously though, what the heck is this? Why oh why would I pay $31.93 of 2021 U.S. Dollars for this? Methinks I just don't understand "art," let alone "avant garde." Nor do I want to, I suppose.)

Mickey2 likes this.
  24. wrappedinsky

wrappedinsky Forum Resident

For me it would have to be the original Rush Vapor Trails. I had never heard of the "Loudness Wars," so all I knew was that it sounded like crap in a can.

25. WHMusical

WHMusical Chameleon Comedian Corinthian & Caricature

Mankind and his so-called Civilized Nations, as originally released by We're Doomed and The Monkey's Bunghole,,,