Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

If you get 5,000, I'll take 50 of 'em.

Unless they changed, the largest Bags Unlimited bags fit the typical large BF sets (like the Tubbs). The Hefty bags fit all but a few (Black Europe). With some effort and stretching, the Heft fit my Horton

melstapler likes this.
  2. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Lynn Russwurm was an excellent artist as well! Did you ever get to see Lynn perform live when he was still with us?

GodBlessTinyTim likes this.
  3. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

Only in a Bear Family thread would this statement make any sense whatsoever.
    Unfortunately not. The village where he was born is about a five-minute drive from my house, wonder if they have a plaque or anything for him.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Tribute likes this.
  4. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I guess that was a triple entendre.

My Horton is bigger than your Horton

[​IMG]

Rick Bartlett likes this.
  5. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

6. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

The "Rocks" series is nice, but I will sound like a broken record, and say again that I wish Bear Family would focus on new original reissues of material that is not already in print. All of Sister Rosetta is on the Fremeaux label (highly recommended)

munjeet and jimbo3688 like this.
  7. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Should've had Steve Young's excellent version of Shopping for Dresses too.

melstapler likes this.
  8. Svein Arne

melstapler likes this.
  9. The Killer

melstapler likes this.
  10. baptistbusman

baptistbusman Compact Disc Advocate

Been watching a auction for the Louisiana Hayride box on eBay. It’s used, and is up to like $160. Why do these people keep bidding on used sets and drive them up past retail price you can get them for on Amazon? Drives me nuts. They should only let authorized collectors bid on these auctions ;)

Edit: Just saw it sold for $174.50. Lots of places will have it brand new for $160 right now, or very soon.

I lucked into a set for $140 a few days ago.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    The Killer and melstapler like this.
  11. Svein Arne

Maybe it is the same person bidding on the same box?Happened to me on Ebay.I did not understand how it worked.When the price got to high i stopped.Accident happens so easy.:crazy:

melstapler likes this.
  12. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I forget. Wasn't the Hayride set the one that many of us (including me) got new for some ridiculously low new price. I forget the price as well

Coppertop Tester likes this.
  13. hotshotskings

hotshotskings Forum Resident

Oh yeah I remember that. I bought on Amazon.de for EUR 84.30 (104 USD) and got refunded 40 bucks due to the damage done to the big box.

baptistbusman likes this.
  14. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

That was some pricing error, way below wholesale, that many of us were surprised was actually honored. I got mine for the price of about $70 as well. Amazon Deutschland as I recall

15. Svein Arne

16. Svein Arne

This with Junior Parker contains only 3 ordinary tracks from SUN.I got the other Junior Parker SUN cd.I will buy this also.Little Junior Parker - Rocks (CD) - Bear Family Records

17. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Wonderful wonderful set.

18. The Killer

I listened to this set again yesterday, you can really hear where Merle Haggard gets a lot of his vocal style from. I really like this disc.

19. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Bidders get so competitive on eBay, they often bid the item far beyond its true market value. Another problem is when sellers don't inspect or denote the true condition of a particular item.
    [​IMG]

The Killer likes this.
  20. hotshotskings

Soooo, already in 4th month of the year and no definitive release date of the first new 2019 box set? I need to know when to start putting aside some money for it!

rod and baptistbusman like this.
  21. hotshotskings

Sounds similar to my experience. Ive only ordered directly from BF once and my box set (george jones starday box) never arrived. Turns out it was stopped somewhere in customs. Since I was never notified, it was sent back to BF. Luckily i got a refund when I contacted BF for an update and they said they received the box set back. I have never tried to order direct from BF again since that experience

baptistbusman likes this.
  22. John Porcellino

John Porcellino Forum Resident

I got the box yesterday after a couple weeks in customs. It arrived damaged... Wrote BF to inquire about a refund. I love ordering direct from labels, but I think I learned my lesson in this case.

23. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

I haven't ordered direct from BF in almost seven years, but the last time I did, my order only took a couple of weeks to arrive from Germany (most of that time was due to a snafu with the credit card I used which took a bit of time to get sorted out). The order contained two large box sets (the two Reprise Dean Martin boxes), and they were very well-packed and arrived in perfect condition. Things may have changed since then, so as always, YMMV.

John Porcellino likes this.
  24. John Porcellino

John Porcellino Forum Resident

The set was in its own cardbard box, wrapped in one of those wraparound cardboard lp mailers. I would have thought it would have been in a larger box with some padding. Anyhow, I'm sure it getting kicked around a customs warehouse for two weeks didn't help. I'm not blaming BF for the damage, but going forward I'd rather pay a bit more to get quicker delivery and better packaging.

25. Svein Arne

Your package being delivered: