Your last concert, and your best concert memory

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mju-Sick, Mar 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Actually, that was part of a personal exchange, which didn't involve you. Nice touch about claiming to speak for everyone else, when you're only making it about yourself. :thumbsup:

2. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Residents - God In 3 Persons performance at MOMA Jan 2020

Grateful Dead - Hampton Collisseum - 3/27/88

420JJJazz666 likes this.
  3. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

Last: Guided by Voices in beautiful Jacksonville, Florida, August 2018
    Best: Guided by Voices in beautiful Orlando, Florida, January 2000

4. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident

Last shows: Manfred Mann‘s Earth Band, Little Steven
    Best shows: Eagles, Paul McCartney, Jeff Lynne‘s ELO, The Who, Brian Wilson, The Rolling Stones

Honorable mention: Daniel Barenboim:angel:

5. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Last Concert - Bloodgood, February 2020
    Most Memorable - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, 1983

6. BPMC

BPMC Forum Resident

Its been a while, but my last concert was Cheap Trick at the Waters Club in San Pedro, CA in October of 1985. The group of friends I attended shows with sort of migrated apart after that and I never got back onto it.

My BEST concert memories were the first moments of my FIRST concert (that being Judas Preist at Long Beach Arena, June 1981). I had NO idea what to expect and was awestruck with their aural assault! I'll never forget that feeling of being completely overwhelmed!!!

7. Picca

Picca Forum Resident

James Taylor/Bonnie Raitt

Best memory: Led Zeppelin Zurich June 1980

8. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Too many great ones to list.

My last one was Tommy Emmanuel, who was excellent.

9. zither

zither Forum Resident

Kokoroko
    (Jan 2020)

The Only Ones
    The Clash
    The Cure
    (1980)

I honestly can't decide which was the best.

10. MattyDC

MattyDC Forum Resident

Last: Andy McKee at City Winery DC (15 Feb 2019) - astonishing to think it was that long ago.

Best Concert Memory: Martin Sexton at the 930 Club, maybe September? 2002. Marty's first time playing in DC proper -- three of my brothers, my wife, my brother-in-law all turned out for the show. Amazing experience with people I love signing along to a guy I love singing a song I love. He was on fire. Close second is The Album Leaf at U Street Music Hall in DC September 2016.

11. skyfarm

skyfarm Well-Known Member

The last one I saw was black midi at the Rickshaw stop in San Francisco early 2020. Probably my favorite concert memory was seeing Gojira live at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz in 2017 while I was still in high school. The energy they brought to the venue that night is something I had never witnessed before and 4 years later, I haven't witnessed since. Absolutely life changing performance.

12. JKCanuck

JKCanuck Forum Resident

I've seen a lot of shows ( I'm guessing 300 and up...). Hard to pick the best.

Rush R40 Tour, Detroit
    Good friends, a nice meal and an amazing show.
    The way RUSH put that tour on, going backwards in time, wow! Hard to beat that concept.
    They were definitely "on" that night. Mind you, they were rarely off:)

Last Show: I think it was Ringo Starr and his All Star Band.
    Very impressive show. August 1st, 2019

dlokazip likes this.
  13. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Last: Steve Hackett, Birmingham, November 2019

Best: Leonard Cohen, Liverpool, June 2009

14. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

I was at this one, in my top three I attended and in some ways the peak of my show-going trajectory. We were right up front. Jerry belting the "Oh...OH..." then hitting the power chord in place of singing "Fire" after the last verse....forever etched in memory. One of my favorite Dead moments for sure.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  15. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Hackett in Fall 2019 was my last concert till this summer.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  16. rilgarlurx

rilgarlurx Well-Known Member

last show: GBV at the Teragram Ballroon in LA, 12/31/2019

best show: Prince at Paisley Park, summer 1994 tour rehearsals - he played that shredding-guitar version of Love... Thy Will B Done and I cried tears of joy

17. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Last: in a few hours, it'll be Magnetic Fields at City Winery Boston, October 24, 2021.

Best: Yo La Tengo, Albuquerque, Halloween 1995. "Blue Line Swinger" lasted over 20 minutes.

18. Theacademyinperil

Theacademyinperil Forum Resident

Last: Thalia Zedek/Live Skull at Tubby's in Kingston, NY last month. Very cool very small venue, and Thalia was great!

Most memorable: this is so hard, but the Go-Betweens at Cabaret Metro in Chicago 4/1/89 edge out the Clash at the Aragon Ballroom 8/12/82.

19. A Grain of Sand

A Grain of Sand Forum Resident

My last show was CSNY Freedom of Speech Tour, Irvine Meadows 2006.

My greatest experience was my first concert, the 1974 California Jam featuring ELP, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Eagles and others.

20. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

UPDATE:

Most recent show: Stones, SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, October 17, 2021.
    First and favorite show: Beach Boys, Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD, August 5, 1978.

21. kevin

kevin Senior Member

Last:Tommy James And The Shondells with The Box Tops Opening at the Genessee Theater in Waukegan earlier tonight and Best:CSN at The World Theater in Tinley Park on their American Dream tour[forgot the year]

22. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Gilbert O'Sullivan - Saw him last night at the City Winery in Philadelphia, PA. A great show! This was a Christmas gift
    from my sister. She shocked the kahoovies out of me with this gift & I owe her big time for it! Gilbert did a great variety
    of his songs & was very entertaining. Highly recommended that you catch his show.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

arthurprecarious and carlwm like this.
  23. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Fish, Glasgow, November 2021

Best concert memory: going on to Motorhead's after-show party in October 2000 at the Hard Rock in London after their 25th anniversary at Brixton Academy.

Anecdote of the night, apart from meeting the band, was the Counterfeit Stones not allowing Motorhead to use their gear to do a few tunes. Pissed off quite a few people from memory.

24. alex1976delarge

alex1976delarge Forum Resident

Last concert-Courteeners on November 22, 2021 Blackburn
    Best concert-all 4 times I’ve seen Ash, who are my favorite band.
    1.Cleveland-Free All Angels tour. First time getting a pick.
    2.Cleveland-Meltdown tour. Got the pick that Tim played the encore with.
    3 Indianapolis-A-Z tour. Met the band after the show and got my vinyl signed. Talked to them for a good half hour. It was a very small venue and they were really nice and engaging to talk to.
    4.Detroit-1977 anniversary tour. Played the 1977 album from start to finish so got to hear the Darkside Lightside outro in person for the first time. Talked to the band after and got pictures.

25. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Last: King Crimson in Boston, before COVID. LTIA IV FTW.
    Best: I can think of dozens, but Laurie Anderson's Home of the Brave tour was pretty magical.

dlokazip and Jamsterdammer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.