Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Your Latest Blu-Ray / 4K / 3-D Purchases

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BILLONEEG, Aug 10, 2019.

1. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Forum Resident Thread Starter

My latest Blu-Ray additions: Blue Velvet / The Elephant Man / The Gunfighter / The Hunt / The Invisible Man / The Irishman / Man Of A
    Thousand Faces / Mulan / Mulholland Drive / The New Mutants / Parasite / Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark. Thank you Barnes & Noble
    & Walmart!
    [​IMG]

PhantomStranger likes this.
  2. BILLONEEG

Today was the right day to get "A Matter Of Life & Death" & "Broadcast News". I'm very happy now!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. misterjones

misterjones Forum Resident

Band of Brothers. I mean, I've only watched it five or six times (VHS, DVD and Blu-ray soon).

I can't even begin to imagine what that must have been like, which might be why I've watched it so much.

4. TMRY

TMRY Forum Resident

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Early Black Friday deals.

thetman likes this.
  5. Boomy

Boomy Forum Resident

I don't know if it's because it's the holiday season, if it's 2020..I just don't know. But the prices on 4K discs are really good right now. If I were collecting I'd be all over it!

ben_wood and PhantomStranger like this.
  6. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Forum Resident

Bought V for Vendetta 4K UHD today

Boomy likes this.
  7. BILLONEEG

Just bought over the past couple days: The Killers / Last Christmas / Popeye / Uncut Gems.
    [​IMG]

8. Boomy

Boomy Forum Resident

Figures after I write this I see that most of the Marvel 4K movies went back up in price. Still lots of good items on sale, though

9. Best Buy has been having periodical sales on all their exclusive 4K Steelbooks every so often.

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

A Golden Christmas...BD.

11. Michael

Last Christmas was excellent!

BILLONEEG likes this.
  12. BILLONEEG

Thank you for that! I had a feeling it would be good & you just gabe the absolute confirmation.

Michael likes this.
  13. Al Kuenster

Total Recall 4K UHD
    Collateral Damage 4K UHD
    1917 4K UHD
    Godfather III Coda BR
    Miracle on 34th Street BR
    Jingle All the Way BR Arnold flick

14. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Great deals on 4K the last two weeks and bought a bunch. Even happier with the 3D deals I got at Hamilton.

Final Destination 4
    Final Destination 5
    Wrath of the Titans
    Fantastic Beasts
    Monster House

I’ve been wanting the 3D Final Destination flicks but they've been OOP or scarce and I rarely saw Fantastic Beasts dip below $30. They were 7.99. Wrath and Monster House were even cheaper.

15. Last Blu-ray I bought was A Hard Day's Night, Criterion edition. That was two months ago or so...

[​IMG]

Al Kuenster likes this.
  16. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

This week....Total Recall, Collateral, and Cinema Paradiso.

Boomy likes this.
  17. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

[​IMG]

Just got the Second Sight Dawn Of The Dead blu-ray box set shipped by the idiots at Amazon UK. This is exactly how it looked on my doorstep tonight. I can't believe the loose box (no padding btw) didn't fall out of the torn up package or was just snatched at some point in transit. Even more amazing, other than some Amazon troglodyte sticking a return label directly on the shrink-wrap of the set, the set itself is in perfect condition.

thetman likes this.
  18. Michael

did you enjoy it?

BILLONEEG likes this.
  19. BILLONEEG

I haven't watched it yet. I am slow to watching new movies because I am having a blast watching old movies (I just watched "Sullivan's Travels"). Newer movies I put on a shelf for when the time comes.

Michael likes this.
  20. Al Kuenster

Above post should be Collateral 4K UHD, I waited too long to edit the post.:)

21. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

I don’t buy many movies on physical discs anymore, but I recently picked up the Criterion Collection Blu-Ray of Night of the Living Dead. It’s a 4K restoration on HD Blu-Ray (which works for me, lacking a UHD player), and it looks fantastic!

andrewskyDE likes this.
  22. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

thats looks slightly better than the box I received from Amazon UK for my Thin Lizzy box set. Like you no interior padding either. I have no idea how mine arrived un-harmed across the Atlantic either

23. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

I have to think it has something to do with UK customs opening outbound packages to check contents. This sort of thing has happened with about 2/3rds of anything I've ordered from Amazon UK and from other UK sources too. Contrast that with every single item I've ever bought from Japan has come shipped in perfect condition, even from Amazon JP.

BTW, I watched the theatrical cut of Dawn Of The Dead from the box last night. Really an excellent looking transfer. It's been years since I last watched this movie and I remember seeing this movie during it's initial theatrical run around my birthday in '79 and being pretty blown away at the gore.

thetman likes this.
  24. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

My 4K Midsommar arrived in the post today from A24.

So that’s my weekend viewing sorted :)

25. Michael

I can dig it!