YouTube is an amazing thing

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vamborules, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

Russian dash cam videos! Addicted to watching hours and hours of car crashes. Can't believe there is so much of that stuff.

2. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

We’re falling behind those Ruskies in the dash cam race, blast it! We need more funding! Our drivers are lousier than theirs! We need it documented, too!

3. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

I've read that dash cams in Russia are so common because of all the bad drivers and no one following the rules of the road. They use the dash cams to prove who was at fault. Don't know if it is true or not, but it makes sense.

Ghostworld and Sternodox like this.
  4. Sternodox

Add corrupt police and lots of vodka to the mix and what you mentioned is absolutely true.

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Another element is people who deliberately jump in front of cars in order to extort money from the drivers.

razerx and Ghostworld like this.
  6. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Youtube is a great place to WASTE TIME. A treasure trove for a guitarist . . . just search for a cover of your favorite song, and at least you can see how it is played, and sometimes find a lesson where someone breaks down the song and teaches it (in various degrees of detail).

Strelka -- a Russian MMA league. What fun. Guys get together, touch gloves, knock the crap out of each other, and then hug!

Near Death series: I am fascinated about all the "close calls." I do draw a line -- I don't want to see any videos where people die or get seriously hurt. Yes . . . it's a gray zone occasionally.

Home repairs . . . just type in your problem.

But there are limits. I stay away from the series of youtube videos on removing various bodily organs -- appendix, gallbladder, kidney, spleen, etc. Hey, you have to draw the line s o m e w h e r e.:winkgrin:

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  7. Sternodox

And then there's this ...

geo50000 and Ghostworld like this.
  8. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Wish I could do that but then I don't know what I'ld do with my living room and Samsung HDtv once I cancelled my Spectrum cable I've now cut down to $50/month for Basic Limited (3 networks, Fox, PBS, HSN and about (6) 720i watchable retro re-run channels.

My internet is hooked up in my bedroom in my apartment. I'ld have to re-route the telephone wiring in my living room to surf the web. It's always something that functions as the stiff arm of life.

Dare ya' to find what that's from on YouTube!

9. Chris DeVoe

"I think I'll stay up and watch the dot for a while." - Neil

Sternodox likes this.
  10. Chris DeVoe

Tim Lookingbill likes this.
  11. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

12. carrick doone

And to make this a Beatles thread;

I find this to be a really brave version of the song.

13. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I was at a music conference panel once talking about where people listen to music. They had each site's logo size based on how much traffic they got. Some were bigger than others...but then when you zoomed out on the graphic you realized that ALL the other logos were inside a gigantic You Tube logo.

I periodically check for certain shows I saw in the 80s. It amazes me that new old shows are popping up all the time.

14. blackstar

blackstar Senior Member

Are you up for ten hours of the sax intro to 'Careless Whisper'? I am!

Chris DeVoe and Sternodox like this.
  15. Sternodox

And if you enjoy videos of a cute Japanese girl smushing her face into various types of bread:

milankey, Chris DeVoe and vamborules like this.
  16. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident Thread Starter

I actually do as it turns out. I love her slogan "giving the people something they didn't ask for"

Sternodox likes this.
  17. Chris DeVoe

You buried the lede! She's bread-facing to the music of Kate Bush!

Sternodox likes this.
  18. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Gotta love YT! Took some digging but found TWO sources for the fights tonight!;)

19. carrick doone

Ok, I get it for an hour, maybe two. Ok, 7 hours is fine I suppose. But 10? Really, 10 hours? Seems a bit much... :)

It sounds like the music you hear in a hotel elevator or the largest department store you can think of.

blackstar likes this.
  20. jawaka1000

jawaka1000 Forum Resident

21. carrick doone

Just goes to show you can do a lot with a great vocal. Marvin was amazing.

jawaka1000 likes this.
  22. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

It is amazing. The information available is crazy.

23. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

What takes the cake for me is that for the longest time I remembered when I was maybe 6-7 years old, that my Dad was going to be on a game show as a contestant. We didn't actually end up seeing it when it aired, but I remember around the time that he was going to shoot it at the studio. This is before we had VCRs and the like (though not long before.)

Next up, thirty years later, I found his entire episode on YouTube. It helped to know the celebrity guests that he remembered that were on his particular episode. It was amazing to see something I'd never thought I'd ever have a chance to see.

24. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

I think we're going through a bit of a YouTube golden age at the moment. So much great content being created by independents about the most niche of topics with decent production value. I especially like Techmoan and Technology Connections. There's other great audio stuff on there too, like some of Michael Fremer's videos, ARSC talks, tiny desk concert, DIY music videos.

chilinvilin and BeatleJWOL like this.
  25. carrick doone

For the last couple of days I've been indulging in conversions of gas cars to electric cars. Fascinating that it can be done though the results I think are limited. I've always wanted to turn my favourite car into an electric one. Maybe I will go buy that car now with that thought in the future. According to these videos it seems plausible.

Robert C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.