Yvette Vickers remains found Mummified

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xman, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xman

xman Active Member Thread Starter

2. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

How terrible. RIP, Ms. Vickers.

3. That's so sad. :-\

4. runofthemill

runofthemill Forum Resident

That is awful. I mean no disrespect by this, but this quote: "Eventually, she made her way upstairs and found a room with a small space heater still on." makes me wonder... How can you be dead for a year or more and the electric not be cut off for not paying?

5. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

very, very sad...she was a beautiful woman... R.I.P...

7. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

Exactly that is odd how could this happen??
    Or did someone else pay all the bills if this is the case then did no one ever see her check on her or call her?
    Was she truely that alone no one to even notice all that time this make me sad were not meant to be that alone although it happens.:shake:

8. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe her bills were debited from her account automatically.

9. Greg1954

Greg1954 New Member

Probably was how she wound up mummified. The heater.
    I'm not really surprised a single 82 year old woman could die and not be discovered for a long time, it happens.

The guy from Alice In Chains, Layne Staley, wasn't found for two weeks, which seemed odd to me since he was still famous and in the thick of things.

10. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

Wow that's terrible. RIP.

11. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

12. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing. I go missing for a week and the Student Loan people, the IRS and the Dept. of Water and Power start screaming. Not to mention the landlord.

13. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Could we please find someplace to tattoo that last line of the article onto the foreheads of a public indifferent to people they assume somebody else is looking after:

"Nobody should be left alone like that."

14. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

15. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

There's not a circulating photo of Layne from the last couple years of his life. His accountant phoned the police after he noticed Layne didn't take out his weekly fistfull of $20 bills from an ATM.

16. Terrible, RIP.

17. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

He was still famous but in no way still in the thick of things. Layne was a major recluse for the last 5 years of his life or so. There isn't a single photo of him from the last 4 or 5 years of his life.

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

My guess is she had enough money that maybe she had an automatic service that paid the standard monthly bills (electricity, gas, water, mortgage). This could go on for years, assuming the money didn't run out.

There are some weird houses in Mullholland and Laurel Canyons that you drive by and think, "man, does anybody live there, or is this just some kinda ruin?" A friend of mine once told me of a "Sunset Boulevard"-type experience, where he made a delivery to an old, creepy house up in the hills, and the old woman who lived there flirted with him and almost wouldn't let him leave. She didn't get a lot of visitors, but had been a semi-famous actress in the 1950s and 1960s. I don't think this was her, but I'll have to ask him if he can remember her name.

19. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Sad news. RIP Yvette.

It's awful to think that no family or friends had been in contact with her for so long...

20. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

This reminds me of my grandmother here in Canada with her several page xmas card list in her 80's of old friends back in the UK. Rather than making new lists she'd simply cross off the names that had died. A couple names that got crossed off that actually returned stuff after 3-4 year absence - usually freshly widowed after spending 2 years with an ailing husband.

21. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

You woulda' thunk that the mail person would have thought something was wrong - I do know mine and she'd probably be the first to see something was wrong if my mail laid in my box for quite awhile.

Some friends she musta' had if they didn't hear from her for about a year and didn't bother to see what may have happened to her.

22. xman

xman Active Member Thread Starter

23. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

74. Still a sad way to go...no one should die alone.

24. lennon_08518

lennon_08518 Forum Resident

May you RIP.....How creepy is this?

25. Not sure about the U.S., but up here in Canada, I can pretty much put all of my various utlities on direct debit from a bank account. That's possibly what was happening and why no one noticed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.