Z Rock On IFC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by racerx20, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racerx20

racerx20 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any thoughts on this? I stumbled across an episode last week and it looked pretty funny so I DVR'd a few episodes which I watched last night. What a great show!

http://www.ifc.com/zrock/

2. shane

shane Active Member

I've been watching it. I think its hilarious. Probably not for everybody in terms of its humor but for those that enjoy the type of stuff its great.

3. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

I have been enjoying this show and telling people to watch it! Highly recommend!

It is like Entourage with Turtle and Drama (the meatheads and locker-room guys' humor), and a lady manager (who will do "anything" for the band) in place of Ari Gold. Like Entourage, lots of guest appearances in every episode-- in this case, by rock stars instead of movie stars. Unlike Entourage, where everything always turns out awesome for the boys, Z Rock often has ironic endings like Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I also like some of the songs that the band performs. Not as funny as the best material on Flight of The Conchords, but still fun.

Also, it's cool to see them film around New York City in spots that locals will recognize.

4. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

I enjoyed this show, but don't find anything on the Internet about a new season.

Did it get canceled for good, or just on long-term hiatus?

5. shane

shane Active Member

I haven't heard anything either. I wish it would come back. For that matter I vote for the return of my other IFC favorites "The Business" and "The Minor Accomplishments Of Jackie Woodman".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.