Zappa sheet music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ZAck Scott, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZAck Scott

ZAck Scott Senior Member Thread Starter

Hey guys, I know that this doesn't really pertain to Recordings but It is about music in general. I love Frank Zappa's song "Andy" from the "One Size Fits All" album. I love it so much that I would love to learn how to play it on Guitar or Piano or both. I've already searched the web and could not find it anywhere. DOes anyone know where I could find it or if any of you guys do have it could you find a way to...you know...nudge nudge...wink wink. Thank in advance.

2. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes New Member

I don't think that a transcription of Andy was ever released. However, they may do that some day soon, since I believe the ZFT is releasing a few album transcriptions from that period...

I recommend, however, that you go for it on your own. If you want to be a really good musician, train your ear. Build up your listening analytical skills in your lifetime. Andy is not at all a relatively difficult song in Zappa's ouvre to 'hear.'

Here's a site that I never use, but is valuable: www.zappa-analysis.com

And somewhere you will find FZ transcriptions from long ago that are out of print. Maybe someone else will comment. Try ebay.

I have no time. Gotta go.
    Robert

3. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Transcriptions of "Apostrophe" and "Hot Rats" albums are available. That's all I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.