Zavvi: Best of Jazz Starter Kit - All Time Classics Albums – Set of 10 Mystery Vinyl LP

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by atlantasteven, Aug 28, 2020.

1. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me Thread Starter

popscene likes this.
  2. popscene

popscene Forum Resident

As someone without much of a jazz collection to speak of, this is pretty appealing. It's not going to do any good to speculate since it's all shrouded in mystery, but I would think the worst case scenario is that these are all a bunch of cheap European public domain issues. Best case, it could be a treasure trove.

hutlock likes this.
  3. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

DailyHiFi likes this.
  4. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

I've heard of Zavvi. Pretty sure they're legit. I agree with the poster above that these are likely grey market euro releases.

I'm tempted though. $40 plus $5.49 to ship to Canada for 10 classic jazz LPs.

5. StuJM84

StuJM84 Forum Resident

Checking on other uk sites, there are a lot of LPs on the DOL label that are bluenote albums including a lot of the albums used to promote the zavvi offer

6. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

They're all sourced from CDs and they do not pay royalties. DOL and WaxTime are offering records to a market that thinks it must be better because it is on vinyl.

aperfecttool likes this.
  7. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

Larsen likes this.
  8. adm62

adm62 Forum Resident

Sold out