Zeffirelli is making a sequel to "Brother Sun Sister Moon"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Propinquity, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't want to make this a religious post, I'm not even a Christian, but I really love the movie Brother Sun Sister Moon. It's corny as hell, but it makes me feel good! I can't believe he is making a sequel. I wonder if Donovan will be doing the music this time (I hope not!) The new movie will take place later in St. Francis' life.

The projected release is around Easter, but we here in America may have to wait longer.

2. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

I love it too. I have a cheapy video - is it available on DVD? I think the Donovan soundtrack is amazing (I wish they would release the original soundtrack instead of Don's inferior remake). I 'got into' the movie because of Donovan, so not sure if a sequel would be up my alley. 'Brother Sun Sister Moon 2'.

BTW have you noticed that irritating high male voice always shouting whenever there is a rowdy crowd scene? It is the same on Z's 'Jesus of Nazareth' also.

3. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident Thread Starter

BSSM is available on DVD and it's a much better experience than the VHS.

I never noticed the annoying voice but I will listen for it the next time I watch.

The new movie is called "Tre Fratelli". While BSSM was a film about the young years of Saint Francis, and was highly influenced by the flower power era, this film is going to be about late years of saint Francis, particularly his visit to the sultan during the fourth crusade and his peace message in the name of Christ.

The topic THREE SIBLINGS, THREE BROTHERS refers to the representatives of the three monotheistic religions who live in the Holy Land: Jews, Muslims and Christians. The reference of the film to modern times is huge, it particularly resembles the teachings of John Paul II and his emphasis on dialog among religions rather than religious wars (crusades or Jihad).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.