Zep 2, RL vinyl version, $35 BIN

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Geoman076, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!! Thread Starter

2. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

"audible surface noise"

hmmmm...... :sigh:

3. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

He rates it as VG+ but this seems to be a VG by his own standard...

4. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!! Thread Starter

Someone bid $19 instead of Buying it for $35. Hope it wasn't a bad choice! Looking at the cover, I'd say the lp is in better shape than described, and would be OK with a good vacuum cleaning.

Just a gut feeling.

5. portisphish

portisphish Forum Resident

No pictures of the vinyl scares me. Sure, the labels look good, but that doesn't tell me anything. The amount of knowledge that the seller obviously possesses about the pressing...RL, etc. makes me think he knows EXACTLY what he's selling, and offering a BIN of $35 makes me think this is a VG condition record at best. Despite this, I would be willing to bet that the final price far exceeds the $35. Any takers?

6. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

Well, according to his presentation page, all his vinyl is vacuum cleaned on a VPI 16.5. Yet there is still "some audible surface noise". Apparently this surface noise is easy to overlook because the mastering is so great. :sigh:

He claims to have "conservatively graded" this record, yet his own description describes a VG grading at best. "Quite a few scuffs and light scratches". Quite a few? He then rates side 1 as VG+ and rates side two as "a bit better". Huh? :sigh:

7. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Now a days 35 bucks for a VG RL ( of this description) is usually below what they will climb to on ebay even if it is fairly noisy.Tough call, but that 35 bucks may have been a better deal then what it may end up going for- it is that description imo that will drive the price up.A bit of a tough call.

8. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

I was the bidder so maybe I shoulda just bought it.....but it is too late now.

9. Liquid Snake

Liquid Snake Member

I was the guy that ended up winning this one. Like you guys were, I was a bit suspicious of the seller's description, but I've been trying to find this record for a year (up until now I've never even seen one, not even a trashed dollar bin copy), so I decided to go for it. Fortunately, the LP sounds just fine. Side 1 is a little noisy and side 2 is quieter, exactly as he stated in the listing. No groove wear or any other nasties, just some noise. That said, maybe I did overpay a little. The original $35 BIN would've been a very fair price IMO.

10. QuestionMark?

QuestionMark? 4TH N' GOAL

If it's as good as you described, I think you did pretty good. $35.00 would have been a real deal for an RL in vg+ condition.

11. virgil caine

virgil caine New Member

My wife bought a copy for me for my birthday in a lot with some other Zep LPs including a Ludwig HOTH.

I cleaned my copy and it sounds absolutely fantastic. It blows all other copies of this I have out of the water.

I would suggest that when you come across one of these....buy it. You can always get your money back out of it on eBay if you ever find a better copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.