Zombies live 2004

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Friend of Brian W, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friend of Brian W

Friend of Brian W New Member Thread Starter

I am going to see the current lineup of the zombies next week. I know Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent will be there. Are they the only original members on board? Anyone seen them recently? Any good?

2. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I'll be at the Houston show...

3. Bill

Bill Senior Member

4. Friend of Brian W

Friend of Brian W New Member Thread Starter

Thanks Bill

5. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I saw them at BB Kings in NYC last year and was gobsmacked! They do a lot of Zombie songs that were never performed live before recently, and a few Argent songs. The bassist is Jim Rodford from Argent and the Kinks, his son is great on drums. Can't remember the guitarist's name but he's good too.

enjoy!

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Where's the tour schedule posted?

7. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Has anyone heard that "new" CD? New World Order or whatever it was?...

8. namretsam

namretsam Senior Member

Rod A. and Colin B. are the ONLY Zombies in this lineup. The show is still worth seeing. I saw them last time they were in the states.

9. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I could be wrong, but I think World Order is relatively old and just has combinations of the ex-Zombies on the various tracks, rather than being a full blown reunion album. If it's what I think it was, I heard it years ago on vinyl and was not overwhelmed-a holding pattern, but nothing more. The one to get is the Argent-Blunstone Out of the Shadows, which came out in England a couple of years ago, with a delayed release in the US last year (ala Odessey- US record guys seem to have a blind spot for the Zombies). Shadows is a great CD. Also, an ad in the back of the new Mojo mentions a new release by an artist I can't recall with Blunstone vocals. Hopefully it will be better than Keats, which, to me, was a real disappointing Blunstone project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.