Zombies Reunion CD "New World"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikenyc, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member Thread Starter

Has ANYONE heard, anything, from the new Zombies reuinion Cd, due on Castle, September 23 ????

2. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Didn't even know about this. Is it the original line-up?

3. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

This was a 1991 reunion album, which came out on Castle/Essential in about '94 I think, previously unavailable in the USA. I never picked up in fear of reunion albums, but here's the old track list, from amazon.co.uk:

1. New world (my America)
    2. Love breaks down
    3. I can't be wrong
    4. Lula Lula
    5. Heaven's gate
    6. Time of the season
    7. Moonday morning dance
    8. Blue
    9. Losing you
    10. Alone in paradise
    11. Knowing you
    12. Love conquers all
    13. Nights on fire

4. mikenyc

It was just a listing in a pause & play email alert.

Here's the listing...

Zombies, The "New World" (1991 reunion LP, previously unavailable in U.S.) (Castle, Sept. 23)

It's listed in amazon.com , but with no tracklisting.

5. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець

The album was originally released in Germany as "Return Of The Zombies." A couple of singles were released too. When it was released in England a couple of years later as "New World", it had a slightly amended track line-up, and they swapped out the version of "Time Of The Season" on the German release for a version that was on Colin's "Greatest Hits" re-recording album of the same era.

The reunion lineup was Colin, Chris, Hugh, and keyboardist Sebastian Santa Maria -- with a guest appearance by Paul Atkinson. Being that Rod Argent also played on the "New World" TOTS, all 5 members were on the UK release in some form.

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

The remake of Time of the Season is soooo bland. They have really bright, shiny drums with pristine digital reverb. It sounds like a coffee commercial. Not even worth a listen.

7. mikenyc

I'm wondering if they went into the studio, ala the Decca Anthology thingy, and spruced this recording, up, a bit, after all of these years ?!

8. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Time of the Season? Totally new, er, performance. The drums are samples and the keyboard sounds are cheesey 80's zippy sounds.

9. BRush

BRush Senior Member

I saw Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone perform last week. I was very impressed. They had Jim Rodford, from Argent & the Kinks, on bass and his son on drums. They played a couple of new songs that were actually pretty good. The new cd is due out next year. It was a very cool show, even though they played on borrowed gear.

10. mikenyc

I'm referring to what they did for a few cuts on the 2cd Decca Anthology...new drum parts with the original drummer and kit, etc. .

11. The Rod Argent / Colin Blunstone cd has been out for months! It sounds like a Zombies record (albeit with the occasional drum machine loop) as well! It's pretty good!

Out Of The Shadows
    Audio CD (March 25, 2003)
    * Label: Koch Records
    * ASIN: B00008BRCW
    * Amazon.com Sales Rank: 30,915

12. ChristianL

ChristianL Senior Member

I taped some of the songs to DAT a decade ago. Some songs are really nice, but poor sound quality: dull an cheap, just like from a compact cassette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.