Zuckerberg buys Oculus VR Virtual Reality Glasses maker for $2B

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ghostworld, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member Thread Starter

All I have to say is: :eek:

Two billion. Really? The company just managed to raise $74 million this years to keep going. Where is the advantage in buying a still struggling company for $2 billion. And Sony is just about to release their VR glasses (which look a lot cooler than Oculus Rift's stuff.) I'm a big VR fan, but VR has been like 3D movies, in and out over the years. Seems like a bit excessive of an offer if you ask me. Zuckerberg must have gotten stoned, put on a pair and gotten over-excited about buying a new toy.

2. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Tax dodge?

Thats like him buying a new F-150 for business use.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  3. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I will be glad when that so=called empire crumbles.
    Working one my spells:winkgrin:.

Metralla and PH416156 like this.
  4. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Why is VR a thing again? It was a dumb gimmick in the early 90s and it's still a dumb gimmick now.

5. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

Just the latest in a series of questionable deals by Zuckerburg. Facebook down $4.50 today. Yes, the whole market was down, but this is disproportionate.

6. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Facebook= MySpace=AOL

Metralla likes this.
  7. csampson

csampson Forum Resident

I have been looking forward to the release of the Oculus Rift final version and was hoping that it would finally occur later this year. I just have this bad feeling that you'll need to logon to Facebook everytime you use it and it will upload your usage info along with popping up ads every now and them. I get tired of having those Samsung ads shoved in my face everytime I happen to logon to Facebook and now with the Rift they will literally shoved in my face. I just don't like the decisions that Zuckerburg has been making over the past few years and the promises he always breaks with regards to privacy of information. He is sort of the anti-Elon Musk in that he takes cool stuff and makes it suck.

8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member Thread Starter

$2 billion here, $16 billion there. Hey, pretty soon, Mark, it's gonna add up to some real money.

9. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

I'm not ready for virtual reality. I am still struggling with actual reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.