180G Quadrophenia LP: anyone have it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pdenny, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient Thread Starter

Saw this advertised at Acoustic Sounds...does anyone have it and does it improve upon the various CD versions out there? I'm tempted to get it just to have a facsimile of the original LP production. Thanks for any comments.

2. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient Thread Starter

BTW, someone did ask the same question a while ago but got no responses...

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Does not look like anyone has it Pdenny! Why don't you scour the used LP bins and get a 'real' LP production package. If you are lucky, you may find an original English version.... which may sound better than a North American version!

Just a thought.........

4. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

I have this LP, it's a Universal 180g pressing from Germany which came out a few months ago. It is NOT a US pressing. The only problem is - as I've mentioned in another thread - I haven't played it yet! It's still in the factory shrink-wrap so I'm afraid I can't tell you what it sounds like!!! I can tell you the packaging is superb. The other Universal pressings I've bought, and actually got round to playing, have been mostly of a very good standard, although I also have several others which aren't out of the shrink-wrap yet! When I get a chance to listen to it, I'll post my comments on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.