1968 Yardbirds sessions to see release?!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by YardByrd, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Godbluff

Godbluff Forum Resident

I put off ordering mine until I saw the announcement that a replacement disc would be offered. It arrived last week, sealed and without the new disc - I assumed they hadn't got the new ones ready to send yet. I mailed jp.com as soon as I'd confirmed the glitch was present but have heard nothing since - no acknowledgement, no replacement disc, just keeping my fingers crossed that something turns up.

tmtomh and notesfrom like this.
  2. WyattAARP

WyattAARP Forum Resident

Thanks. I emailed them and got the notice that they will be replacing the disc. I sent them my mailing address and order number on my receipt, but I don't know if they need that information. They may be just sending them out to everyone that ordered from the "first batch," but I would email them anyway.

Mark Wilson likes this.
  3. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Is JP.Com sending replacements for purchases made from other retailers? If one can show proof of purchase, one would think they would offer a replacement being that they are the source for the release.

tmtomh and mgb70 like this.
  4. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Not sure. I tried contacting them over a week ago, but never heard back. Having dealt with UME & Rhino/WB directly when pressing errors occurred in the past, I was hoping this could also be resolved directly with JP.com.

PacificOceanBlue likes this.
  5. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

That is what I was thinking as well. If one purchased this title from Amazon, all Amazon will do is send a replacement of the entire CD set, which will simply replace a defective disc with another defective disc. The replacement needs to come from the pressing source.

superstar19 likes this.
  6. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

I emailed them on Friday and have heard nothing. *Crickets*

7. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

I used the Store address, but it was over a week before I received a reply.

Mark

sharedon likes this.
  8. dave-gtr

dave-gtr Forum Resident

Vinyl update. Shipped from UK 11/23, arrived today 12/13. Almost 15 business days.

Verdict: WOW!!!!!! This is amazing. Sound is great. Never heard the Yardbirds sound like this. Great stuff. Just great. Question: will you Epic LP owners be filing away the originals forever?

This release is a winner, through and through.

Beatledust, Tommyboy and tmtomh like this.
  9. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

Yep, you are quite right - I simply love the sonics new release. Seems Epic's engineer with his old-timer (i.e. early 60's Grundig) recording equipment and odd miking weren't THAT BAD, after all!

However, as a serious fan, you can't really dump the old Epic or Mooreland St. releases because:
    a) of their awsome woodcut cover artwork against which the rather generic artwork and RATHER unimaginative title pales *big time* (whereas the front cover of the booklet looks a lot more adequate), and of course
    b) because of the original replaced (first show) version of WHITE SUMMER and the musical and stange banter bits and pieces that Jimbo had edited out
    The best thing a Yardbirdnatic could do is make a private version of the new release with the edited-out portions reinserted and re-use the beautiful orig. cover artwork - at least that is what yours truly did for his private joy. If you have any quessies on that project PM me, OK?

Yardbirds ahoy!
    Th:)mas

10. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I bought my copy from a local brick and mortar. I emailed jp.com as soon as I was aware of the audio glitch and they responded quickly stating they would replace the defective copy. Fingers Crossed

Mark Wilson and tmtomh like this.
  11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I’m going to sell my Columbia Special Products copy. I’ll never listen to it again now that I have the Jimmy Page reissue.

12. Extone

Extone New Member

This is exactly what happened to me; I received a defective replacement. Amazon's system discourages human interaction, so my (admittedly inefficient) tactic will be to continue writing notes - and copy/pasting - to explain why I'm continually asking for a replacement.

That aside, the set sounds great. It's a different perspective with the editing done by Page but at least both versions are available for the hardcore fans.

13. Mark Wilson

If you click Help at the top, then Need More Help? and then Contact Us you can select your Order and then whether you want a phone call or live chat.

I've used both and resolved things pretty quickly.

Mark

Extone and tmtomh like this.
  14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I just noticed that the email says that the DELUXE CD edition does NOT have the audio glitch. That is weird, as you would figure that the CDs in both the Deluxe sets and the regular sets would be identical.

I wonder then how there was a screw-up. ????

15. Mark Wilson

Can't recall, haven't some Deluxe buyers reported their order hadn't shipped yet?

Maybe they found the glitch in time to fix those before they shipped.

Mark

16. Arnold Grove

It's possible, although it still sounds unlikely.

By the way: Has anyone received an actual replacement disc with the audio glitch being all corrected? I know some people were informed by email that a replacement was to be forthcoming. But anyone get it yet?

17. snipe

snipe Forum Resident

I've got the deluxe CD and have the glitch. Can confirm.

Arnold Grove, Mark Wilson and tmtomh like this.
  18. Arnold Grove

Uh-oh ... You know something that JP.com doesn't know.

Spitfire likes this.
  19. My LP set arrived today from the UK. All the corners are badly damaged. If it was just one small corner I wouldn’t complain but not all four.

I wrote Mr J. Page requesting a replacement. :tiphat:

20. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Mine came too. Minor damage to one corner. Not perfect but acceptable

Mazzy likes this.
  21. Arnold Grove

BUMP: Has anyone received an actual replacement disc with the audio glitch being all corrected? I know some people were informed by email that a replacement was to be forthcoming. But anyone get it yet?

22. David67

David67 Forum Resident

Requested for a replacement on December 2 and I'm still waiting...

23. Arnold Grove

And you are in England, so theoretically any replacement should get to you quicker than residents of the USA.

24. Galactus2

Galactus2 Forum Resident

And therein lies part of the dilemma. It took long enough for my local record shop to get this in, and when he did, I was one of a handful that ordered it from him (on CD). Naturally, it has the glitch.

But if it’s going to take a while to get a corrected copy in the hands of the UK purchasers, just think how long it will take to get one here in the US. And when you add a retailer into the mix, that just potentially muddies the waters even further.

25. David67

David67 Forum Resident

Yep and the shop is in my birthplace ofNottingham about an hour from where I live. I'll be sending another email on Monday asking why it's taking so long to replace the disc.