20% off everything on eBay with code PSPRING20

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by VinylSteals, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcb

marcb Senior Member

With a $25 min to get the ebay account and a $25.99 max to get the ImportCDs discount, were there that many items in the the narrow range of $25 to $25.99 in order to stack?

2. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Doesn't work like that. Import CDs are 20% off with a minimum purchase for LPs priced under $25.99. Many are close to $10. On top of that, E-Bay is offering another 15% off that 20% discounted price. My cart loaded with stuff on sale from $15-$22, then less 20%, less 15%

There is a max E-Bay discount available with a maximum savings from E-Bay of $50 (not counting the CD-Imports savings)

3. marcb

marcb Senior Member

But the 15% Ebay discount is only on items over $25. So how are you getting the 20%+15% stacked discount on $15-$22 items?

4. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Ahh, I see what you're seeing. In one part of the announcement it says it applies to Min. $25 Purchase and elsewhere it says, of an eligible item(s) of $25 or more. I believe it's for total purchases of $25 or more since they mention items and Min. $25 purchase. Edit - No one seems to be mentioning a $25/item minimum over at Reddit's vinyl deals page

[Ebay] 15% everything promo code. Stackable with seller discounts. • r/VinylDeals

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  5. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for posting. I got busy and missed the last one. Everything was still in my cart so this was easy.

struttincool likes this.
  6. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

The ImportCDs 20% discount requires you to put at least $60 worth of discs in your cart then once you hit that total you get 20% off the whole order which you then pay in one shot. I don't know what you mean about a $25.99 max thing. All of the CDs I bought had this option on each page to keep buying more to get 20% off, although the most expensive single CD I bought was like $18 prior to the discount.

I honestly don't know how the ebay discount works though since that discount wasn't there last night. I assumed it was 15% off whatever your total purchase was, so that I would have then got 15% off on my already discounted ImportCDs order at final checkout.

dee likes this.
  7. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yes, it is 15% off your discounted total, I just bought $102.35 in records (Import's sales price) less 20% or, $81.88 worth of records, and then entered the EBay 15% off code and got another $12.30 off my total. 6 excellent records for $69.88 shipped. I believe the $25.99 the poster referred to was that the 20% Import CDs discount would only apply to records/cds selling for less than $25.99

8. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Thanks for the explanation.

That is an awesome deal you got there.

I had some things I wanted to get and decided to just do it last night rather than keep waiting and waiting for another discount sale thing to happen. You all have ME to thank for this sale I guess. If I hadn't ordered anything last night the sale would not have happened today :rolleyes:

Btw, how do you guys KNOW when these ebay sales come up (other than this forum)? Do they send out an email heads up (like DeepDiscount does on their sales) but you have to have some kind of notification thing turned on? Or is it just luck that you see it on a banner on ebay when you first go in when it the sale is on?

9. Mike N.

Mike N. Forum Resident

"You can go broke saving money"

So true. Some killer deals with the stacked getimportcds offer and the ebay/paypal offer

Thanks to all of the posters who listed some great deals!

SOONERFAN and black sheriff like this.
  10. DLD

DLD Senior Member

The linked SubReddit is gold :tiphat: I look at it in the morning and evening. BTW, last year, on tax day here (04/15) CD-Imports E-Bay store had a deal that lasted a few hours only, whilst I was accumulating about a dozen records at near steal prices, the sale ended. I'm gonna keep a close eye on em this year so I can give em more money :doh:

Bargains for the lovers of vinyl • r/VinylDeals

slipkid and aoxomoxoa like this.
  11. These sales are done for one reason - their fiscal quarter is about to end in a few days and eBay needs to hit certain quarterly revenue numbers, lest Wall Street wacks their stock price. The sales have been happening fairly often the past 18 months.

12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I’ve been using that link too. It’s been costing me money!!

DLD likes this.
  13. Have you seen eBay or an insider indicate this is the reason? Sales at a loss are not impressive at all and Wall Street is more concerned about the bottom line, not gross sales. These sales are a money loser for eBay and something along the lines of customer goodwill is the only explanation I can come up with. It would sure surprise me if eBay continues to offer 15% to 20% discounts to buyers when the eBay margin on sales is less than 10%.

14. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

My thinking is that if their margin is pretty good, they may sacrifice a bit of that to increase revenue.

15. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Thanks. I tested it with some items from ImportCDs in my cart which were both more than and less than $25 (but all less than $25.99) - and it applied the 20% ImportCDs discount AND then the 15% Ebay discount to ALL of them.

So you’re right, it was a minimum $25 purchase, not a $25 per item. However, I wonder if would have applied the 15% to the under $25 items if you tried it outside of the cart?

The other good news is I didn’t notice that the offer expired at 8pm PDT rather than midnight - until after 8pm PDT. But it still took the code at ~9pm PDT. :pineapple:

slipkid likes this.
  16. marcb

marcb Senior Member

See my post from yesterday.

I agree with what you say and I speculate that views and traffic are way down at eBay and this is a way (probably futile) to try to lure customers back. And as I stated I believe this is because the evolution of their business model (through their own doing and through inherent weakness/human greed) is killing their bottom-line. I believe they need to change their basic philosophy to make the experience simple and easy again - and figure out disincentives for sellers to list buy-it-now items at above-market to downright absurd prices for indefinite periods of time. And that’s just the start of their issues.

However I also agree that the timing is probably related to quarterly numbers.

17. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Is there something similar just for music/CDs in general? I don't buy vinyl anymore.

18. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I would imagine there is but I haven't a clue as to its location.

19. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

The CD bargain thread on Reddit hasn't been updated for over a month now.

20. I think the proliferation of vinyl deals is being driven by their normally higher prices and Amazon's aggressive discounting of them. Amazon hates having bulky LPs taking up space in their precious warehouses. By comparison, CDs rarely get slashed in price. A majority of CDs listed on Amazon will literally never get below their release week discount pricing.

mrjinks, slipkid, superstar19 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.