2014: The 20th Anniversary of the 1994, 25th Anniversary of Woodstock

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CDmp3, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDmp3

CDmp3 Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    2014: The 20th Anniversary of the 1994, 25th Anniversary of Woodstock

2. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

King's X at Woodstock '94. This performance should have put them over the top. Sadly it wasn't to be...

BobFever and longaway like this.
  3. BobFever

BobFever Forum Resident

Was there to see them. They were on fire!

4. Bob Dylan doin' his thing at Woodstock '94:

Brian Hamilton-Smith likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I was at the other Official 1994 20th in Bethel...on the hallowed grounds of the original 1969...I performed there as well with my wife...it was a blast!

ModernDayWarrior and smokeverbs like this.
  6. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I had a chance to goto Woodstock 94 and I didn't go. I regret that now. So many great bands played there.

ARK likes this.
  7. Brian Hamilton-Smith

Brian Hamilton-Smith Forum Resident

One of Dylan's all-too-few great TV appearances.

BobFever likes this.
  8. BobFever

BobFever Forum Resident

Definitely were. That first night with King's X and Blues Traveler was probably the most fun night. Some of the goups that played that night were on the fringes of success, most notably Sheryl Crow. After I saw Dylan there I started buying his CD's. Had a really good backing band that night. So many other great bands that weekend. I'll never forget when the rain started. We had just gotten back from getting beer and some food and water from a store across the street. I think they had given up on containing the crowd. Got back, put our stuff away, made our way to the stage and Henry Rollins comes on...."Liar" period...around 4PM Saturday, and it just started pouring! It did not stop until near the end when Peter Gabriel closed the show. I'll never forget it. Drove from Cleveland, OH in a Geo Tracker...4 people plus gear, camped there the whole weekend. Still have my ticket and some Woodstock money we had to use to buy food. Some of the vendors had stopped taking the Woodstock coins so that was when we went to the store to get things.

9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

shot in early HD like the recent Bobfest release.

I wouldn't mind seeing stuff like Peter Gabriel, Dylan, The Band, Green Day, NIN, Metallica, Aerosmith, Blind Melon, Primus, Allman Bros, etc..... in High Def.

if 1999 is in HD it's be cool to see Metallica, Alanis, DMB, RATM, James Brown, Muse, John Entwhistle and Clinton/P-Funk(depending on number of classic members present)

10. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I thought about going, but passed because I thought it would be cheesy. Of course, it turned out to be pretty cool.

ARK likes this.
  11. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I have a couple of "import" CDs that contain the complete sets by Traffic and CSN. I have never come across an import disc with The Allman Brother's set. I don't remember ever hearing any songs from their set. I wonder if that might ever get released officially?

ARK likes this.
  12. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

I was lucky enough to work at Woodstock '94- so many amazing bands and performances-the stamdouts for me were Metallica and Aerosmith.... happy 20th!

13. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I hope we someday see a deluxe CD box set and DVD/Blu-Ray of Woodstock '94. I'd buy both of those in a heartbeat.

14. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

I was completely oblivious to this festival at the time, but just wondering: was the whole festival broadcast live? Maybe on mtv?

15. Further

Further Forum Resident

The entire thing was available as a Pay-Per-View broadcast, which I ordered and recorded at home.

somebodywhocares likes this.
  16. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

Seems to be begging for a blu ray/cd boxset release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.