2015 Fall Movie Preview

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by townsend, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. townsend

townsend Senior Member Thread Starter

I thought it might be helpful to start this thread and we could list those movies that are opening in the fall that we are interested in checking out. As is well known, after a summer of whatever you want to call it, some more serious fare is often offered in the fall. Anything opening between now and the end of the year is game.

A movie I am excited about is The Revenant, directed by Inarritu (who did Birdman). I am always a fan of well done historic epics, and I even stopped watching the trailer, because I liked it so much I was afraid it would reveal too much.
    http://www.traileraddict.com/the-revenant-2015/trailer

Please list the movies on your radar, with or without trailers in this thread. Thanks.:)

2. townsend

If you want to watch a "bone chilling" preview of the upcoming documentary, Welcome to Leith (about a small town in North Dakota that is taken over by a group of white supremacists), check below:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/welcome_to_leith/trailers/11229270/

Only ten reviews so far, but 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. According to the beginning of the trailer, it garnered many awards at film festivals. I remember that decades ago, the followers of an Indian maharishi took over another small community. That was rather terrifying for the local residents, but I couldn't imagine how much worse it could get . . . until I viewed this trailer.

3. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Looking forward to a bunch. Lots of good ones.
    Black Mass should be good. Everest (I'm hoping this is directly from the book Into Thin Air), Revenant, Sicario, The Martian, Bridge of Spies, Crimson Peak, Spectre, In the Heart of the Sea, Hateful Eight and some flick coming December 15th (forget the name - Trek something - Star Battle something - damn - can't remember.)

4. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

I remember!

[​IMG]

5. townsend

6. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Looks like a very promising fall.

The final Hunger Games will be in November. Spectre, Star Wars....

7. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

The new Jaco Van Dormael-movie. Already selected for the next Oscars, according the news today :)

8. townsend

This weekend in Dallas, Netflix's feature Beast of No Nation opens. According to the tomato meter, it has garnered 91% from the critics (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/beasts_of_no_nation/). It stars Idris Ebla, who I think is underrated.

The director is Fukunaga. If you haven't seen his 2009 movie, Sin Nombre, then rent it immediately. Sin Nombre is brilliant, one of the best movies of the last decade. It presents a harrowing portrait of the gang MS-13, or Mara Salvatrucha (originated in California, with many chapters in central America).

Okay, okay, I called Incendies brilliant (elsewhere in this forum), and I called Sin Nombre brilliant. It may appear that I throw around that superlative freely. I do not. Both of these films are truly exceptional. IMO, of course.

9. townsend

More on The Revenant. Here is more information on the movie from an interview conducted with Leo DiCaprio: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/leonardo-dicaprio-on-fighting-a-1281529422913590.html

According to rumor, raw bison liver will be served in the concession area at certain select theaters where the movie is opening.:D This movie really sounds fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.