2017: The Doors 50th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

It's like the year of The Doors in 2007 but 1/365th as good!

2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Other than a rare post 2001 photo of Densmore/Kreiger together, who cares?

Looks like you took my bet on top 200 chart.

Sales as low as 2,000 can get you on the chart. Pharrell got the 2 spot once with only 29,000 album sales.

The Doors - Chart history | Billboard »

Boston made the chart and Fog did not. It never got much higher than #400 on Amazon and there are no download sales. Even with Europe/Canada, I'm not sure how this is more than 3,000-4,000 copies sold. There must be a warehouse with 10,000 of those Fog boxes.

You said it was close to sold out, when sales are closer to 20% of that. You said Mild Equator New Orleans photos can't be trusted, yet Jampol/Doors went through the same site to buy the Matrix masters.

Six Bachelors and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

You done yet? Let me know. Because basically what you've said here doesn't add up to jack squat.

4. Six Bachelors

I doubt that he's done yet. He, as well as are, is still waiting for you to post calmly and sensibly, like he does, and with proof for what you say, like he provides. Unfortunately you've just made yet another rude and unhelpful post.

5. Joey_Corleone

Joey_Corleone Forum Resident

I would buy a mono of the debut. The rest I am good. I am very happy with my Rhino vinyl reissues.

James5001 likes this.
  6. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

I've been trying to be helpful for quite a awhile but if you guys would look beyond the romper room talking points and read what I'm writing and did a little research then you would realize I AM.

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Using only your quotes in Doors threads from the past 2 months, I posted Billboard FACTS to refute them.

Unrelated to Romper Room.

Your only help on this forum was a minor leak of early info on the Fog release(for RSD) and the January Doors event that is ultimately meaningless beyond a new Densmore-Kreiger photo.

8. Six Bachelors

YOU ARE what? Helpful? Great. Be helpful but please don't do it while displaying the rudeness that pervades nearly all of your posts.

9. James5001

James5001 Forum Resident

What exactly is left in the vaults? 2 seperate full takes of The End? complete unused takes etc. from everything? I sure don't wanna celebrate the 50th of this great band with more stuff along the lines of the "money beats soul!!" drunken ramblings n' pointless studio banter & 45 false starts of Roadhouse.

Christopher B likes this.
  10. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

11. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

12. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

I'll be in Venice on the 4th. It's a great chance for fans to acknowledge the remaining members of a great band.

Hopefully they will have cookies, like Ringo's birthday at Capitol Records.

13. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

We all have a pretty good idea what live recordings they have in the vault. Not so much as far as studio material (especially in regards to the first album). I'd love to hear both versions of 'The End', alternate takes of the 'Light My Fire' solos, etc. However, who knows if any of that stuff still exists. We did get two versions of 'Moonlight Drive', 'Indian Summer', etc, on the Perception release. Hope there is more.

14. Description
    Packaged in a 12" x 12" hardcover book, THE DOORS: 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION includes a remastered version of the album's original stereo mix, available on CD for the first time in a decade and remastered for the first time in nearly 30 years. The album's original mono mix was also remastered for this set and is making its CD debut. An LP version of the mono mix is also included. The third disc features live performances from The Matrix in San Francisco on March 7, 1967 - recordings heard on this deluxe edition were sourced from the recently discovered original tapes, previously thought to be lost. Music journalist David Fricke provides detailed liner notes for the set, which includes a selection of rare and previously unseen photographs.

Tracklist
    [CD1: Stereo Mix]
    1. Break On Through (To The Other Side)
    2. Soul Kitchen
    3. The Crystal Ship
    4. Twentieth Century Fox
    5. Alabama Song (Whisky Bar)
    6. Light My Fire
    7. Back Door Man
    8. I Looked At You
    9. End Of The Night
    10. Take It As It Comes
    11. The End

[CD2: Mono Mix]
    2. Soul Kitchen
    3. The Crystal Ship
    4. Twentieth Century Fox
    6. Light My Fire
    7. Back Door Man
    8. I Looked At You
    9. End Of The Night
    10. Take It As It Comes
    11. The End

[CD3: Live At The Matrix]
    2. Soul Kitchen
    3. The Crystal Ship
    4. Twentieth Century Fox
    6. Light My Fire
    7. Back Door Man
    8. I Looked At You
    9. End Of The Night
    10. Take It As It Comes
    11. The End

[LP: Mono Mix]
    2. Soul Kitchen
    3. The Crystal Ship
    4. Twentieth Century Fox
    6. Light My Fire
    7. Back Door Man
    8. I Looked At You
    9. End Of The Night
    10. Take It As It Comes
    11. The End

IMWAN • [2017-03-17] The Doors "The Doors (50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)" 3CD/1LP box set (Elektra/Rhino) »

15. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  16. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

so we still don't get the entire matrix release from the real source?

Six Bachelors likes this.
  17. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

No outtakes? :cry: Bummer.

I guess this confirms Matrix will be a separate release later in the year (at least I hope so).

Matthew Tate and Soundslave like this.
  18. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

SNL - Jack Squat:

19. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

The more I think about it, the less I like this release. For one, I guess their saving outtake material for the 75th anniversary reissue. :mad: Maybe there really is nothing left, but wow is that frustrating.

As for the Matrix material, to some extent I am glad to see at least some of it issued. However, it appears they are using it as the carrot on a stick to buy this box. Then what? Ask fans to buy the same material later in the year? That's all we get?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

Just noticed this, but I assume the Matrix disc isn't the final track listing. Songs #8 through 10 weren't performed at either the March 7th or 10th shows.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

Is the mono mix of the S/T album something to get excited about? I really like my first CD edition from around '85 - it's got the spook :righton:

22. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Another bunt by The Doors.

23. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I agree...0 for 2 on these releases.

Six Bachelors and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

And once again...they will attempt to make us buy a big ol box set to acquire a thirty minute disc of live material.
    The London Fog was a one listen affair, which I could thankfully do on YouTube. I am interested in the Matrix, but only for the complete concert. I hope this isn't their way of presenting it, piece-mealing it to us with each deluxe edition of each album that corresponds to the material at hand.

Six Bachelors likes this.
  25. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

From the listing: "Packaged in a 12 x 12 hardcover book, THE DOORS: 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION includes a remastered version of the album s original stereo mix, available on CD for the first time in a decade and remastered for the first time in nearly 30 years. The album s original mono mix was also remastered for this set and is making its CD debut.
    An LP-version of the mono mix is also included. The third disc features live performance from The Matrix in San Francisco on March 7, 1967 - recordings heard on this deluxe edition were sourced from the recently discovered, original tapes, previously thought to be lost. Music journalist David Fricke provides detailed liner notes for the set, which includes a selection of rare and previously unseen photographs."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.