24 - Season/Series 7 - Discussion (Spoilers Inside)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

FOX just ran an advert for the 2 hour pre-cursor to 24 Season 7 entitled Redemption.

From Wikipedia.

24: Redemption (previously named 24: Exile) is an upcoming television movie, bridging the gap between the sixth and seventh seasons of the TV series 24. Set in the fictional nation Sangala, Jack finds himself caught up in a military coup while trying to find somewhere he can 'be at peace'. Meanwhile, in the United States, it is Inauguration Day, where Allison Taylor is being sworn in to office. The movie is scheduled to air on November 23, 2008 with an extended director's cut being released on DVD two days later. The UK premiere date is the following Sunday, November 30th on Sky1.

Reprising their previous roles will be Powers Boothe as President Noah Daniels amd Peter MacNicol as Tom Lennox.

[​IMG]

Recently Jon Cassar posted on the Fox Television message board that the proposed premiere date is Sunday, January 11, 2009 and confirmed that it will be a 2-Night 4-Hour Premiere following the tradition of the past three seasons.

2. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Been waitin' on this for about six months.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

3. Chris R

Anybody watch the 2 hour "movie" last night? Thoughts?

I enjoyed it. Robert Carlyle was good. And now Jack is headed back...

4. semidetached

semidetached Monkees Mixographist

Haven't watched it yet - but going to do so tonight. Didn't care much for the last season, so I wasn't as excited as usual about getting back into it.

5. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I wonder how much longer the DVD cut is?

6. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Didn't get through the first hour. SuperJack bores me, I guess.

7. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

We watched the broadcast, and found it riveting, but excruciatingly painful, with 3-4 minutes of commercials every 6 to 7 minutes in the latter part of the show. Will not watch anything like that again unless I can tape it first!

But the problem of the same-old same-old will probably reoccur. The conspiracy plays back in Washington seemed pretty famiar.

The female Pres is a good touch, given Hillary Clinton's run at the job.

Canadian viewers might notice she looks a bit like Mary Walsh :)

8. semidetached

semidetached Monkees Mixographist

I don't know what to think about this. I mean... it had the pace of a regular episode, which I guess is to be expected... I think I was expecting more from a two hour 'movie'. It seemed to set up the next season just as well as the ten minute between-season catch up features they've thrown on the DVDs IMO.

9. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Lost interest a couple years ago. Used to love it...

10. pjaizz

pjaizz Forum Resident

Man, it is good to have 24 back...been forever! We have made an event out of the show every week, as a bunch of us neighbors get together to watch Jack wack 'em in HD!

The movie was good but not great. I thought the set ups for the season were a bit lame. I was hoping for some different themes.

Mild Spoiler ahead...if you haven't seen the movie, stop here!!

Jack's return to Washington to testify should be really interesting and the lone aspect that I really want to see followed. 24 is in dire need of some more interesting support characters. The return of Chloe and some other faves I shall not mention will be wonderful.

Here's hoping for a slam bang season! Last year wasn't very good...

11. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

When does the season start?

12. pjaizz

pjaizz Forum Resident

Sunday, January 11.....2 hours special with another 2 hours the next night!

Hope it's a good ride this season...

13. Chris R

24 Season/Series 7, first two hours, is on now (Fox/Global East). Hours three and four tomorrow evening, Monday, January 12, 2009. The

Set four years after season 6, season 7 begins and ends at 8:00 AM and will begin airing in the United States on January 11, 2009, having been delayed by the writers' strike. A major national security incident occurs when the firewall responsible for protecting America's government computer infrastructure is breached. It will also feature the show's first female president, Allison Taylor, played by Cherry Jones. It is thought that this will be the first season not to feature CTU, because it appears to have been disbanded by the U.S. government at some point after the events of Season 6. Tony Almeida will be returning to appear as the main antagonist of season seven, despite being previously thought to be deceased.

Please keep the discussion civil this season. We already know that Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) is back from the dead and all that. Let's not start crying fowl that the writers, producers, FOX, whatever, have "jumped the shark".

As mentioned above, let's hope it's a good season.

14. MikePh

MikePh Forum Resident/Song and Dance Man

What? No more Chloe? :love:

15. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Wish they had had a recap on the 2 hour prequel of last fall.

But what I watched tonight looks promising. And 2 more eps due tomorrow night!

16. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Later in the season, if what I've been told and read is true.

17. sgb

sgb Senior Member

+1

As for the Chloe question, I heard there are TWO Chloes this year...

18. Drew

Drew Senior Member

The female FBI agent Jack's working with is pretty hot.

19. Chris R

Much sooner than you think.

Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Bill Buchanan (James Morrison) are back in Season 7. That was announced some time ago. No secret there. James Morrison mentioned it on his Web site. Also U.K. actor Carlo Rota (Little Mosque On The Praire for those of you up here) will be back to reprise his character, Chloe's husband and former CTU agent Morris O'Brian.

Kiefer Sutherland was recently quoted as saying, " "Chloe is crankier than ever; the dammit count is pretty high". :laugh:

Based on
    1. this information
    2. what happened in the last scene of Hour 2 (9-10am)
    3. the trailer for Hours 3 and 4 and how they told us something big is going to happen tonight

this is what is going to happen in the next while.

Bill, Chloe, Tony and Jack will be working on their own this year. A quote from Wikipedia, Bill Buchanan entry, "Bill, Tony and Chloe are working undercover on their own to reveal a conspiracy on all levels of the current administration."

From the Chloe O'Brian entry.

Actress Mary Lynn Rajskub revealed her role in the upcoming seventh season: “I show up, time has passed and I have a 1-year-old and a wedding ring, [and I'm] calling Morris (Carlo Rota) while I’m busy. So far he’s taking care of the baby, but he’ll be around.” "We're a rogue operation -- we are working outside of the government to uncover the conspiracy within the government."

Here's a trailer to tonight's episodes from Global Canada. There are spoliers in it.

http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/index.html

Attached Files:

20. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

So's Kim, who is supposed to return at some point.

I think Jack and Tony are secretly running something....that would be cool and classic '24'

21. Chris R

Would have been nice for a 1 minutes recap. You can read a full synopsis here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24:_Redemption

Yes, Elisha Cuthbert will be back towards the end of the season, supposedly in the last 5 or so episodes. She will have a young child, but will no longer be with the Chase Edmunds character.

And it's possible some time during the season we may see a brief appearance by actor Glenn Morshower as Secret Service agent Aaron Pierce.

Morshower is the only actor to appear in each of the six seasons of the series outside of Kiefer Sutherland.

22. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Me, too!

23. Jay F

Jay F New Member

But I liked last night's setup of season 7.

24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

what about chloe, hasn't she been on every season?

25. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

No, she wasn't on the show till season 3.

How many seasons was Mike Novick in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.