3 of your favorite films, in a summarized one sentence synopsis

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by If I Can Dream_23, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

agree. im still trying to wrap my mind around 3 women !

2. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

"ABBA-The Movie" - Reporter follows Pop Super-Group on their tour to get an interview which showcases their music for their fans.
    "2001: A Space Odyssey" - A trip from apes on earth then to man in space now involving a very colorful journey.
    "On Moonlight Bay" & "By The Light Of The Silvery Moon" (Tie-BTLOTSM is the sequel to OMB) - A simple "Down home family life" musical.

If I Can Dream_23 likes this.
  3. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

Planet Of The Apes: Chuck Heston crash lands on another planet where apes talk, later he finds out he was on earth the whole time and cusses out the statue of liberty.

Revenge Of The Nerds: Campus misfits square off against the school jocks, both sides do stuff that would land them in jail in real life, nerds triumph in the end with a song and dance number and a melodramatic speech.

A Christmas Carol: Mean guy hates Christmas, is visited by 3 ghosts, by Christmas morning former mean guy loves Christmas. The end.

4. Phil147

Phil147 Forum Resident

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Makes Ben Hur look like an epic... King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table go on a quest to find the Holy Grail and discover that some French Knights already have one.
    Monty Python and the Life of Brian A man is mistaken to be the messiah but is actually just a very naughty boy, gets cruicified by the Romans anyway.
    Apocalypse Now A US Army Captain goes on a top secret mission to terminate a rogue Colonels command, with extreme prejudice, the Colonel turns out to be an overweight Marlon Brando who mumbles incoherently.

Pete Puma likes this.
  5. Hardy Melville

Hardy Melville Forum Resident

My favorite film is Lawrence of Arabia. I thought about this thread and it yesterday and could not come up with anything. Then this morning, I thought:

Intellectual loner follows fascination with violence to both some success and ultimate disappointment in the desert.

Pete Puma and If I Can Dream_23 like this.
  6. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

I'm going to try three more favourites. Accidentally there is a theme here.

Ran
    Sad dad, so sad...

The Natural
    Too old man thinks he is still great and makes the same mistakes he made as a young man

That Thing You Do
    What could have happened to your dad in the band he was in

unclefred and If I Can Dream_23 like this.
  7. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Dirty Harry....Clint shoots bad guys while saying do you feel lucky punk.

Magnum Force .... Clint shoots more bad guys while saying a mans got to know his limitations.

Sudden Impact.....Clint shoots even more bad guys while saying go ahead make my day.

8. Stefanie M Lesser

Stefanie M Lesser Forum Resident

Notebook -True love lasts forever.

Overboard-Treat people with kindness or Karma comes back at you..

Steel Magnolias-Friendships blesses our hearts...

9. The Great Escape: Mans desire to be free can be achieved while also messing up the enemy in subtle ways.
    The Thing (John Carpenter 1982): We humans are not alone. You can fight for your life, but it probably won't matter in the long run.
    Jurassic Park: A movie designed for the big screen that is fun to watch...not really good, but really fun....Okay, okay, man is not meant to mess with certain things because they may come around to literally bite you in the a$$.

10. The Outlaw Josey Wales: Clint shoots bushwhacking bad guys while saying, "Buzzards got to eat, same as the worm."
    A Fistful of Dollars: Clint gets beat up, then shoots the head bad guy while repeating, "In the Heart Ramon."
    Two Mules for Sister Sara: Clint evades and shoots bad guys while saying, "Well... maybe a nun ought not be so good-lookin'."

11. Hardy Melville

Hardy Melville Forum Resident

The Deer Hunter. A wedding and hunting followed by 3 friends going to Vietnam, and different outcomes; one does well and bags a young Meryl Streep, the others not so much.

Vertigo. Obsessive compulsive detective develops fear of heights, but it is love object who ends up falling.

If I Can Dream_23 likes this.
  12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

The Revenant - Getting torn apart by a bear is the least of his problems
    This Is Spinal Tap - Second billing to a Puppet Show
    Glen Garry Glen Ross - Coffee is for closers.

13. debased

debased Senior Member

Jaws - resort town overreacts after a few deaths in the water.

Sunset Boulevard - screenwriter/gigolo finds the wrong patron.

An Unmarried Woman - woman gets married, man gets some on the side, woman flips out, man splits, woman rebounds, man wants back - doesn't work that way.

14. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

"We're after men. And I wish to God I was with them." Robert Ryan as Deke Thornton.

The Wild Bunch - Convict sells out his old gang to buy his freedom.

jwoverho and GodShifter like this.
  15. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

Celine and Julie Go Boating French chicks horse around, and a cat is startled.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

So, not really “unmarried” is she?

17. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

LOL also
    Death Wish: Really bad guys kill Bronsons wife and he kicks their asses!
    Death Wish II: More really bad guys kill his daughter and he kicks their asses again!
    Death Wish III: Even more really bad guys kill his friend? and he kicks their asses once again!

rockclassics likes this.
  18. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

The Untouchables - Robert De Niro has a killer swing, good enough for the big leagues.
    Poltergeist - Why are there ghosts in the TV?
    The Exorcist - Linda Blair's neck sure must hurt.

19. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

1.Performance (1970)...A perfectly literate Swinging London time capsule that plays out as a tale of weird surrealism with lots of sex, drugs & Rock N Roll against the established London Syndicate, strange indeed

2.The Night of The Hunter
    (1955)...Robert Mitchum is perfectly cast as the switchblade wielding "Love - Hate" psycho false prophet whose lust for money is far greater than his love for God or anything else

3.The Last Tango In Paris (1972)...The most controversial film ever made by any major star & poetry in motion thanks to Brando's totally commited performance

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

An futuristic spaceship crew encounters a monster accidentally created by a scientist using a brain-enhancing machine. [Forbidden Planet.]

A guy dresses up as his mother and kills women in showers. [Psycho.]

A former San Francisco police detective is forced to confront his fear of heights when he realizes a woman has been dressing up as a lady he once saw fall out of a church tower. [Vertigo]

21. greenscreened

greenscreened Forum Resident

A deeply devoted FedEx worker spends four grueling years stranded on a deserted island with the worst case of male-related purple veins in history, yet doesn’t take his own life, for the sole purpose of someday being able to fulfill yet another Purple Promise.

Cast Away

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  22. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Kubrick's 2001, Dr. Strangelove and The Shining:

You can't always control what happens in life.

carrick doone likes this.
  23. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Some more

Almost Famous

A warm remembrance through the loss of innocence along with...well...the loss of innocence

Americans go nuts, maybe not for the first time

War of the Worlds
    This is the first time

I know this title has been done but forgive me...
    Jaws
    Shark!!!!

Sharknado
    Shark!!!! Tornado!!!!

:)

24. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

Raiders of the Lost Ark
    An Archaeologist, his ex lover and the best digger in Egypt face off against Nazis and snakes for the Ark of the Covenant that ends up in the hands of TOP MEN.

A Clockwork Orange
    A naughty boy enjoys to much ultra violence and is made good again.... or is he?

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
    Lots of people freak out over a decent amount of money that's buried under a big W.

25. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man I Am Just a Mops

Godfather II - Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The Florida Project - Life can be rough when you're broke.

Easy Rider - Being outwardly rebellious might play on the coasts, but...

carrick doone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.