"30 Rock" live episode

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbone

tbone Forum Resident

Both were equally zany. But I give the east coast the edge. Macca over KK. More John
    Hamm in the east coast version.

2. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

So the west coast got Kim Kardashian instead of Paul McCartney? That's funny.

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Sad, ain't it? Geez.

4. toptentwist

toptentwist Forum Resident

How did the west coast handle the end of the show ?

The part where Tina Fey was happy when Paul announced he had amnesia (and quickly replied "I'm your girlfriend" , grabbed his hand and walked off so she could "show him to some of my high school friends") wouldn't make sense with Kim Kardashian.

Watching the two... I'd say Paul milked the crowd a little more - and Kim walked too fast - like she didnt really want to be there..

5. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

They said something like "wow 8 million people just watched that" Kim took a pic with her phone and said "Now 14 million people have seen it."

There were tons of little changes throughout the entire episode.

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I'd like to see the West Coast version. It would be nice if NBC put up both in their on-demand content, but i imagine my provider will just have the East Coast feed. Not caring about Paul or the Beatles, I'd have preferred Kim. Much better to look at, at least.

7. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

They are both on Hulu for free right now.

8. I watched the regular (aka East Coast version) which I had recorded ahead of time.
    Once it was over I realized I had just 10 minutes to wait for the West Coast version which I quickly found on a Vancouver station and watched live.

Noticed the differences but enjoyed both very much.
    In fact, watching both (almost) back-to-back made for a really fun night!

In the early flashback scene in the East Coast version Amy (as a young Liz) says "best prom ever!" and that was changed for the West Coast version although I can't recall what was said right now....

9. mr.schneider

mr.schneider Active Member

Oh god! I just watched both episodes and there were a few things that killed me!
    The Amos & Andy bit! Jon Hamm in lame blackface was hysterical and ballsy!
    Who was the kid that played young Tracy in the flashback? The audience seemed to know because they were going nutz!
    That's the other bit that was hysterical! The loose-armed dance hit me just right, I guess. :D

10. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

He's one Community.

11. Poor Napoleon

Poor Napoleon Forum Resident

His name is Donald Glover, and yes, he's on Community. He also used to be a writer on 30 Rock.

12. El Bacho

El Bacho Forum Resident

I guess they deliberately chose to pick up a worthless "celebrity" as the surprise guest for the West Coast. It's a New York show, shot in New York.
    Remember that they had a bit, two years ago, about Jack Donaghy developing a voice activated TV that goes horribly wrong when the lines on "Law & Order: SVU" are interpreted as commands. Jack is crushed by this failure and yells: "Crap...".
    The TV automatically switches to E! to show "Keeping Up With The Kardashians".

It was also interesting to see during the ending, with the whole crew waving goodbye, Jon Hamm standing right behind Kim Kardashian, given what Hamm said about her in a recent interview and the reaction by Pimp Mama Kris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.