50 Years of Love & Arthur Lee "Da Capo" "Forever Changes" "Love" & more: Album-By-Album Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WilliamWes, Mar 11, 2016.

1. lemonade kid

lemonade kid Forever Changing

Use free photo uploaders to grab a JPEG image from your computer, then just paste the "Hotlink For Forums" ULR in your post/reply window--I use:

Postimage.org — free image hosting / image upload

If you want to get rid rid of extraneous text (it will appear with the photo in your post) get rid of the first and last bracketed info and just leave the center bracketed ULR info after you have dragged the info to the "Reply" window.

:tiphat:

2. auralden

auralden Forum Resident

Dukie and WilliamWes like this.
  3. auralden

auralden Forum Resident

Dukie and WilliamWes like this.
  4. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Love - Forever Changes (50th Anniversary Edition) | Rhino

• Release Date: 4/06/2018

Rhino will celebrate the acclaimed album's golden anniversary with an extensive 4CD/DVD/LP collection housed in a beautifully illustrated 12 x 12 hardbound book that features a newly written essay and track-by-track notes by music historian Ted Olsen. FOREVER CHANGES: 50th ANNIVERSARY EDITION will be available on April 6 for $99.98.

Tuco and lemonade kid like this.
  5. auralden

auralden Forum Resident

6. lemonade kid

Vinyl too!

7. happydeathman

happydeathman Forum Resident

I've been listening to Love a lot lately and have enjoyed reading through this discussion.

I was wondering if any members have bought the MoV pressing of Four Sail and what their opinions were?

8. lemonade kid

Just the original Elektra, and it is the best post Forever Changes Love LP, OMHO. Some really fine tunes and a stellar lineup.

happydeathman likes this.
  9. lemonade kid

auralden and WilliamWes like this.
  10. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I was in a music shop and found an 80s Cd of Four Sail for cheap. It's still a loud album but much quieter than the expanded version. Glad to have it. I can hear the drum work much clearer.

Lightworker and lemonade kid like this.
  11. lemonade kid

Original vinyl....I have....heaven.

AlmanacZinger likes this.
  12. tedhead

tedhead Forum Resident

Same here. Four Sail was passed down to me from a friend many years ago to get me introduce me to Love along with a copy of Da Capo.

But I only recently bothered to look at the credits on the back, and found out that my vinyl copy of Da Capo is in MONO.

I mainly listen to Love on cd, but decided to bring it to a friend's house who had a turntable. And sure enough, mono it was. Great mix. Usually I either don't care, or prefer stereo...but now I see what folks are talking about here on the Hoffman forum when they praise mono mixes of vintage rock music.

13. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Wow. The 50th box is another new remaster. I genuinely wonder what the idea is behind remastering an album like this so many times. What are they looking to improve/undo?

14. Abbijoe

Abbijoe Member

Has anyone ideas of how to obtain a Giclée print of this album cover?

15. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means Thread Starter

Haven't been posting much since when the Love Forever Changes box came out, @lemonade kid had a great thread about it for this year so I've been reading over there some. Anyway, I will be posting a review of the boxset - a boxset I've always waited for and never thought would happen. Now that it has, I can add elements from my homemade Love box I mentioned a while back on the thread like my patches, stickers, pins, fridge magnets, etc. LOL I'll probably put it all in a box and print out an image of the album cover for it. That will keep the real Love set safe from me constantly looking at it. Anyway hope all is well in Love Land.

16. lemonade kid

Thanks! Look forward to seeing your "box".

WilliamWes likes this.
  17. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

The only Love song I know, but it's a great one. Thanks for the thread, I can learn about them and hear their stuff in context.
    Cheers mate

WilliamWes likes this.
  18. WilliamWes

And I need to check out your Genesis thread-I see it's doing great and I could learn some more about Genesis. I know you have a couple of other major album threads going on- you do a good job with all of them. I know we've talked before but I can't remember if it was on Steely Dan or the Traffic album thread. Anyway, I'll probably read along on the Genesis thread. Never got to fully dive in though I've heard the major albums once each.

mark winstanley likes this.
  19. mark winstanley

Cheers mate.
    I kinda overloaded this time with Elvis, Gentle Giant and Genesis lol

20. WilliamWes

Let us know what you think as you go through the Love albums. I've taken a bit of a break for Love but I'm itching to start listening again. Especially the 70's stuff that I don't listen to as often. There's some hidden gems here and there during that period.

lemonade kid and mark winstanley like this.
  21. James5001

James5001 Forum Resident

22. mark winstanley

I will mate

23. lemonade kid

This one is a true gem from Arthur...

Five String Serenade

steviebee, bzfgt and mark winstanley like this.
  24. auralden

auralden Forum Resident

lemonade kid likes this.
  25. Hombre

Hombre Forum Resident