50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tinnox, Feb 8, 2018.

1. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Reading that Mark L pointed only 23 and for those talking about he may be right and the extra four on Anthology maybe not from Esher.
    The full set points out 27, Rolling Stone magazine points out 27 and the most recent bootleg compilations also contains 27, so, that's correct, 27. And 27 IS the number.

2. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Dammit guyS WE ALREADY HAVE THE MONO VINYL AND THE MONO CD!!!
    IT'S BEEN FOR SALE SINCE 2014.
    Beave

nasa09, jammincrowe, RonBaker and 2 others like this.
  3. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

And here I thought you were implying 27 discs!

4. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Paul did a simple acoustic home demo of "Goodbye" for Mary Hopkin. Surely that's not the only home demo he recorded in 68. Maybe others have survived. Maybe "Goodbye" will finally get an official Beatles release on a White Album anniversary set.

In an Apple Records promo film from the summer of 68, Paul is seen and heard playing a frenetic, acoustic rendition of "Helter Skelter." Would love it if he committed such a demo to tape, either at home or AR.

5. keoni

keoni Senior Member

I've been reading Lewisohn's Complete Beatles Recording Sessions to get a sense of what could potentially be included in a deluxe edition. Lewisohn makes several references to three tapes of outtakes and studio chatter that were compiled at the band's request during the making of the album. They contain things like vulgar outtakes of "Sexy Sadie", a brief recording of Paul singing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", the unedited "Can You Take Me Back?", and an instrumental version of "Summertime". I really hope we get to hear at least some of what's on these reels.

6. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Folks, be prepared to be disappointed. Given that the Sgt. Pepper 50th didn't include any home demos, only studio early takes, we may not get the Esher demos on the WA 50th and it's really unlikely we'll get "Sour Milk Sea", "Goodbye" and so on. I think we'll get remixes and working takes of "Revolution" and "Hey Jude" and that's about it as far as non-WA content.

tinnox and alexpop like this.
  7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Can't wait for the press release myself mentioning all the goodies included in white box.

8. Diamond Star Halo

Diamond Star Halo Forum Resident

I disagree. The Esher Demos aren’t just regular, run of the mill home demos. The sound quality is much better than any other Beatles demos I’ve heard, and all 4 Beatles were present and participating in the recordings.

Now that Rolling Stone magazine just featured an article on The Esher Demos, it is pretty much a given they will appear in full on the upcoming WA reissue.

RonBaker, Zeki, tinnox and 4 others like this.
  9. alexpop

:righton:

tinnox and Diamond Star Halo like this.
  10. alexpop

Dissapointed " ?
    No, don't think they'll be any omission like COL/Pepper. Re; WA50 ...maybe no Hey Jude, though be foolsh not to include it. June 1st today -as the cute one said, getting closer( better).:)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    tinnox likes this.
  11. alexpop

Heather ?

tinnox likes this.
  12. alexpop

Hope?
    Ditto.

13. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

What I'd like to know is -- did George only use that 4-track machine for one single day while the Beatles recorded their WA demos?? Wouldn't it be great if he used it for his 1969 and 1970 songs too?

jmxw, IronWaffle, supermd and 4 others like this.
  14. jamiehowarth

jamiehowarth Senior Member

Tell Giles. Somebody please tell somebody.

tinnox likes this.
  15. alexpop

His twitter feed is available if you want to follow, leave message !!!

tinnox likes this.
  16. alexpop

WA a triple album "?
    That's pushing it a bit.
    But, doable :D

paulmccartneyistheman and tinnox like this.
  17. RoryMcBride

RoryMcBride Forum Resident

The first two episodes of this podcast Humans in Love: The Podcast - Zachary Stockill are with Mark Lewisohn who says he's just back from India for that film. At least I think it's that film. It's a good listen too.

Chris M and tinnox like this.
  18. Ern

Ern Senior Member

Hey Jude / Revolution, will def be on the 50th White Album release.

19. alexpop

:goodie:

tinnox likes this.
  20. alexpop

Hey Jude?
    That help shift the album even more re; record sales.

tinnox likes this.
  21. alexpop

If you see a top loader ( cheap)grab it, check later ...if it's the stereo, you still scored.

tinnox likes this.
  22. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Goodbye came out on March 28, 1969 and so it’s likely Paul wrote the song in early 1969 after the Get Back sessions. He was so prolific in that period that I don’t think he would hold Goodbye back from 68 to 69 without even teasing it out during Get Back sessions.

I love that demo btw and really want to see it come out officially. IMO, they should’ve included it as well as Come & Get It demos on the McCartney Archive reissue.

tinnox and supermd like this.
  23. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I dunno, man. I mean, if they can turn up the BBC transcription recording of Othello, surely anything is possible... :shrug:

tinnox and Shaddam IV like this.
  24. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

Yeah, are we sure they disposed of the tape loops or something?

I gotta think it can be remixed, one way or another.

Sean Murdock and tinnox like this.
  25. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

No, that would be Get Back... :tiphat: